A thought I had

b.a.customkydex

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
54   0
Reaction score
Had a stupid thought tonight while here on ODT. I almost thought if putting the FVSR up for trade for an AK because I've never shot an AK and thought I might want one. But then I thought "hey dumbass, that means you'd have to stock another type of ammo". Currently my stocking calibers are 556/223, 300blk, 12ga, 22lr and 9mm. I only actually buy 12ga and 22lr, everything else I reload.

I almost traded into a 40 earlier in the year which wouldn't have been too bad since I have a set of 40 dies for my Dillon sdb and brass is all over the place for it.

But am I the only one that looks at ammo as a deciding factor as to wether I want something or not?

Had a stupid thought tonight while here on ODT. I almost thought if putting the FVSR up for trade for an AK because I've never shot an AK and thought I might want one. But then I thought "hey dumbass, that means you'd have to stock another type of ammo". Currently my stocking calibers are 556/223, 300blk, 12ga, 22lr and 9mm. I only actually buy 12ga and 22lr, everything else I reload.

I almost traded into a 40 earlier in the year which wouldn't have been too bad since I have a set of 40 dies for my Dillon sdb and brass is all over the place for it.

But am I the only one that looks at ammo as a deciding factor as to wether I want something or not?

Yea I wont get a 40 357sig 10mm or any other odd round
300blk is the only odd round I got into and now its sold at walmart if you can find it

C'mon fess up you know you've had more stupid thoughts... :boink:

I like diversity...just never know when one caliber or another will be really cheap and available and then dry up all of a sudden. Kinda like 22lr, 223, and 9mm every time obama or obiden mention the words gun control. Stock a variety and stack it deep.

I like diversity...just never know when one caliber or another will be really cheap and available and then dry up all of a sudden. Kinda like 22lr, 223, and 9mm every time obama or obiden mention the words gun control. Stock a variety and stck it deep.

That's the thing ....if reloadable brass 762 short was more readily available then I'd probably look closer at picking up an AK

I consolidated "primary" ammo to 9mm, 22lr, 12 guage, 5.56, and 308 several years ago. Got back into 30-06 to hunt with this year and the only oddball calibers I am stocking up right now are 300blk and 6.5 creedmoor that I reload for.
If Chinese paratroopers start to fall out of the sky the last thing I would want is an AK, to easy to be confused as the enemy during a firefight in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom