• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Academy sports and outdoors $20 off $100 coupon

Ok. So just be aware. There are restrictions on what you can use this on. REALLY small print.

FYI, deer feed is excluded from the coupon. I found d put after loading 400 lbs into a cart and pushing it to the register. :(

Ok. So just be aware. There are restrictions on what you can use this on. REALLY small print.

FYI, deer feed is excluded from the coupon. I found d put after loading 400 lbs into a cart and pushing it to the register. :(
Oh man! Sorry about that. I didn't read it either.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HRN305015.jpg
so these were $25 off $134.99 making them $109.98 - $20 = $96.28. But I put one box in the truck and walked back in and bought the second. $192.56 for 1,000 bullets that are $.28 else where. Gotta Love Academy sales and the reloaders mentality.

View attachment 2112344 so these were $25 off $134.99 making them $109.98 - $20 = $96.28. But I put one box in the truck and walked back in and bought the second. $192.56 for 1,000 bullets that are $.28 else where. Gotta Love Academy sales and the reloaders mentality.
I bought a gun, walked out and put it up, walked in bought a trampoline, same thing, did it again. Used 3 coupons and saved $60 off stuff I was buying anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Buyer Beware: 99% sure I saw something about these Savage/Stevens
being made in China which might catch some off guard if thinking of
great American tradition related to Savage/Stevens name.
Firearm will have other name besides Savage/Stevens, think it was
'Sun City' which means China plus paperwork will have some other
manufacturing name rather than 3 above printed on firearm.

stevens 320 shotgun.jpg

I bought one of the "Sun City, China" Stevens 320 shotguns a month ago.
It was a 20 gauge youth model. I've had a Mossberg 500 in 20 gauge, also a youth model, for 15 years.
The Stevens 320 was only $150 at WalMart. That's only about 60% of the cost of the Mossbergs.
So today I got to shoot the made in China gun. It's supposed to be a copy of the Winchester 1200 / 1300 shotguns, since Winchester's patent has long expired and they don't have the exclusive rights to the design anymore.

The gun feels solid. Maybe the action isn't as smooth my well-used Mossberg, but I expect the Stevens would benefit from a break-in period of several hundred rounds.

It was totally reliable with the 2.75" chamber-length shells we used in it. One day I'll try int with 3" shells, but not today.

This gun came with only one screw-in choke tube, marked "cylinder." It actually threw a tighter and more evenly distributed pattern at 20 feet, and 40 feet, than my Mossy did with its "Imp Cyl" choke tube in place. Perhaps the tubes for the Stevens are longer (though still flush-fitting at the muzzle) or just more precisely built. But while I don't know thecause, I do know the results-- the "cylinder" choke on the Stevens outperformed the improved cylinder choke on my Mossberg.

The trigger pull on the Stevens was reasonably light and crisp. I'd guess about 5 pounds. I didn't put a scale to it.

The gun's receiver is steel, and the black synthetic furniture seems pretty dense. The gun weighs more than my Mossberg 500 in the same gauge, with the same barrel length (both are 22"). But I imagine that will help hold down the recoil, which is important for a gun that will be used for training new shooter, women, and teenage boys.

So far, based on just shooting one box of birdshot on my very first range session, it seems to be a good gun and an excellent value for your dollar.

Back
Top Bottom