• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Academy Sports and Outdoors Experience

I never ask questions in a gun store.Don`t ask`em on here,anymore,for the same reason.I love Academy,though.I buy there nearly every week.Love that ammo being out there where you can look at it.Wally is closer,but I go right by it and go to Academy.

Yea I like the ammo being out too. I like to look at the different types of bullets of a certain caliber. They dont fuss when I open a box or too. Hate getting ammo at walmart I wont do it unless its in 100% needed.

Good deals on ammo and great selection on ammo and accessories. Only complaint is the pricing on guns usually the highest next to bass pro.

Hate getting ammo at walmart I wont do it unless its in 100% needed.

Wally World: I bought two boxes of shells off of the shelf....I didn't notice one of the boxes was the wrong gauge until I got out to the truck.... I turned around went back to exchange it.... they would not.... it was against their policy... it did not matter that I just bought it minutes ago..... never again.....

Wally World: I bought two boxes of shells off of the shelf....I didn't notice one of the boxes was the wrong gauge until I got out to the truck.... I turned around went back to exchange it.... they would not.... it was against their policy... it did not matter that I just bought it minutes ago..... never again.....

You will find that I'd policy at most places on ammo. You leave the doors with it, you own it. It's for instance purposes.

Whats to say you didn't go out to the truck and put some reloads in the box that are over powered and blow a guys gun up....they aren't willing to take that risk, and I don't blame them one bit.

Went to look at a Stoeger Cougar 45 at Academy Outdoors in McDonough, i tried to field strip it and the guy behind the counter FREAKED OUT ! Told me that i wasn't allowed to take down any weapon. I dropped the Stoeger on the counter and walked out laughing my ass off.

Back
Top Bottom