Acadia, Traverse or Enclave- Are they any good?

I'd look at something big

If you shop and get a good deal the money you don't lose on depreciation can buy all the gas the larger vehicle will use

A few years ago We bought a 7 yr old really nice fully loaded 4wd expedition with 110k on the clock for $6500

Now had 230k on it and no major repairs
Just consumables like brakes , alternator , etc

It's huge inside has the third row , has seat belts for 8 .
Sure it guzzles gas ,but 8 years and 120k later it's only lost about $1500-1800 in value

It cost $52k new , some sucker took a real bath .

Autos are much like a garage. Don't get it based on your minimum needs, you will soon fill it with junk or people and you will need more room.
Get a little bigger than you think you need. You will thank me later... LOL

Bought my wife one new, an '09 which now has 110k on it now. The 3rd is nice, big enough that 2 adults can sit back there comfortably even with the second row back all the way. I've sat back there on longer drives and I'm 6ft.

Only thing I've done is changed fluids, plugs and 1 coil which the 09s were specifically hard on...consensus was a bad batch of coils from Bosch but the one wasn't bad at ~$50. Water pump was replaced under warranty, was weeping, and the warranty extended. 3/5/R waveplate has never given us problems yet, but even after the updates I still don't feel the shift programming is optimal. Timing chains haven't bee a problem, though GM upped the warranty to 120k though I also change the oil at roughly 5k. When I had the intake off to swap the plugs, I cleaned the intakes from all the gunk. I'm not sure if they've wisened up and put and put an additional injector in to wash down the back side of the intake valves, but I would suggest a catch can to alleviate the problems associated with this from the DI down the road. Blender door motor had to be replaced at ~60k on the passenger side. Front motor mount is now in need of replacement as well. Other small things as the norm with any vehicle and kids.

Those are basics, but I'd be happy to let you guys look over ours to see how it's held up over the years without a salesperson looking over your shoulder since we're so close.

Back
Top Bottom