• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EVs are NOT America's future!

Screenshot_20240318-112300.png

Seems to be a market for both. EV's don't work for me because I live in a rural area, haul equipment and frequently travel long distances. That being said I would love to convert my old CJ to electric just to be sneaky quiet driving around in our woods.
The problem I see with EV's is that the government started making mandates. As soon as you start telling Americans they have to do something then large majorities are going to turn on you.

Where's all the chargers that were paid for yrs ago in one of their BS spending bills...
They are still trying to find a "union shop" company to make them. Unfortunately Old Joe hates Tesla otherwise he could have given the contract to make the chargers to Elon and they would have been under budget and done in a timely fashion.

Please, please… no more…
I laughed so hard I pulled a muscle.
My car was assembled in America, by retarded UAW drones. It would still be happily consuming American oil provided fuel if Bumbles hadn’t shut our production down.

I'll probably get blasted, but I don't mind EVs and think the technology is pretty cool. I'd own a Tesla if I could afford one. Having said that, I just don't think the infrastructure is ready for it yet. I know there are charging stations everywhere, but I use my truck like a truck. And from what I've seen these EV trucks don't go far at all with any load. I can drive from my house to Orlando in my gasser and still have a quarter of a tank left. Wont get close to that distance in an EV without stopping to charge. Then we saw what the frigid temps did to all those EVs, stranded them. Plus states like CA can't even handle the current infrastructure with their power grid, no way they'd make it will a full EV mandate.

I'll probably get blasted, but I don't mind EVs and think the technology is pretty cool. I'd own a Tesla if I could afford one. Having said that, I just don't think the infrastructure is ready for it yet. I know there are charging stations everywhere, but I use my truck like a truck. And from what I've seen these EV trucks don't go far at all with any load. I can drive from my house to Orlando in my gasser and still have a quarter of a tank left. Wont get close to that distance in an EV without stopping to charge. Then we saw what the frigid temps did to all those EVs, stranded them. Plus states like CA can't even handle the current infrastructure with their power grid, no way they'd make it will a full EV mandate.

Like a lot of modern technology, Full EVs at the moment are basically tax-subsidized toys.

The only things they do well are already done well by ICE vehicles. Take away the tax subsidies (and the free use of the roads that ICE drivers are paying for) and they're revealed as a vanity possession. Most of the technology and infrastructure are early-stage and hideously expensive (either directly to you the consumer, or in costs accumulated in the manufacturing process, which is often directly or indirectly - and therefore, mostly invisibly) to the consumer.

Now, talk about Hybrids? Different story. Most of the benefits of a hybrid powertrain are well understood, and the limitations overcome by that pairing with a second motor that runs on an energy-dense, reliable (and if not deliberately crippled by US legislation) domestically produced fuel.

EVs today - and for the foreseeable future - are only viable because taxpayers and rich people are distorting the economics.

Back
Top Bottom