• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Accurate Chronograph on East side of town

shotgun 01

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a gun range on the East side of town that has an accurate chronograph. I would like to see how close to accurate my new ProChrono is. If someone has a place to shoot over one, I am open to options.

What he said... anything else and you're just guessing. Oehler and Labradar, and maybe magnetospeed, are the only truly consistent ones. If you're interested in this subject, there's a great chapter on chronos and their reliability in one of the Applied Ballistics books, FWIW.

Which brings up a good point-- why do you care? It doesn't matter for really long range shooting-- you'll need to build a dope chart no matter what, due to other factors that have greater error (BC, etc.).

Any of them will get you in the ballpark, IF you know how to set up and use an optical chrono. If you don't, you'll have no end of confusion and head-scratching at your results. I should know-- 16 years so far using one, and seen all sorts of goofiness.

Labradars SUCK !!! Ive wasted so much time with mine and my buddy's I GAVE it away!! What day do you plan on shooting? I might be able to let you use my magneto speed

For rifle a mangnetospeed would be perfect. Can't mount to pistols without a rail though. If you can't find a time with REDX, let me know. I have one as well

REDX REDX , strange your Labradar is questionable. Most folks seem to love theirs. Just seems fragile as lots of reports for CS being ok.

CED M2's are more accurate than Labradar and Magneto Speed and only cost $199. It's still the benchmark for accuracy despite its old school function and set up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If you are shooting a caliber that has a Federal target load, shoot some of those and chronograph. It will give you a bench mark -not absolute values- but a good reference point.

Back
Top Bottom