• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ACLU Supports NRA in Lawsuit Against NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo

I never thought I would say this but they've done something right.
by god, those civil rights lawyers have weaseled in and created more work for themselves!! lol

lets pat special interest on the back while us lil folk pay taxes on top of "contributing" to our special little causes (I'm kidding by the way)

I will say this the NRA at least provides safety courses and gives free gun locks out. the aclu doesn't, they only create arguments and CVs for their esteemed elite attorney class

by god, those civil rights lawyers have weaseled in and created more work for themselves!! lol

lets pat special interest on the back while us lil folk pay taxes on top of "contributing" to our special little causes (I'm kidding by the way)

I will say this the NRA at least provides safety courses and gives free gun locks out. the aclu doesn't, they only create arguments and CVs for their esteemed elite attorney class

True. But they must really be hurting for work if they're going to agree with the NRA. :bounce: And I like it just because it has to chap Cuomo's ass. Here he was trying to build up his rep to try for the Democrat 2020 nomination and he winds up getting sued by the ACLU. Idiot can't even "liberal" correctly. :pound:

What's good for the goose is good for the gander!

Bully for the ACLU for standing up.

Otherwise, if a precedent was set, they'd be undigging for decades!

Call me a pessimist, but something tells me if the ACLU was on board, it is in their best interest. They're not looking out for any of us.

The ACLU is my favorite group to help spend $$$$. Every year in late November the ACLU hires a large group of people to work in their mail room. Why ??? Because they get tons of mail. They, of course, hope each envelop contains a contribution check to help them screw America. Many Americans are sending them check-free Christmas cards. Each one must be opened to see if a check has been included. DO YOUR PART. Send them a check-free Christmas card. No addl. message is necessary. They get it.

Its not about needing money and it sure as heck isn't about doing the right thing. Here is your "money quote".

Substitute Planned Parenthood or the Communist Party for the NRA, and the point is clear. If Cuomo can do this to the NRA, then conservative governors could have their financial regulators threaten banks and financial institutions that do business with any other group whose political views the governor opposes.

Its not about needing money and it sure as heck isn't about doing the right thing. Here is your "money quote".

Yeah, I didn't post this thinking they wanted to do the right thing. I just hope they're starting to realize that if the precedent is set that the government can use this strategy legally, it can be used against any group. I think Trump's unpredicted victory got at least some of these folks to realize that these kinds of 'legal end runs' are double-edged weapons. I'm not counting on it, but it would be nice if the ACLU & other left-leaning groups realized they should support the NRA's existence because the same strategies developed to take out pro-gun groups could be turned on anybody. Like I said, I'm not counting on it, but it's encouraging to see any sign of common sense.

Back
Top Bottom