• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adding someone to your firearm trust

I would first read your trust to make sure it does not already identify how changes are to be made. The way I did it, so this is not legal advice, was to create an amendment specifically detailing the change (in my case a removal and addition). I then attached the amendment to the trust.

I would first read your trust to make sure it does not already identify how changes are to be made. The way I did it, so this is not legal advice, was to create an amendment specifically detailing the change (in my case a removal and addition). I then attached the amendment to the trust.

That seems to be what most say to do and get the amendment notarized and attach to the original trust

Just went through a similar situation with my mom for her trust. She made a material change, which required an attorney to create an amendment to the trust, which she had to have signed and notarized.

Back
Top Bottom