• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ADL stock converted to BDL stock configuration

And the area I did all the work will be cleaned with sandpaper. Then pillar bedded followed up by glass bedding. And lastly I will refinsh the stock.

Lookin' forward to seeing the final result!

Well I am refinishing the stock now. Upon stripping I found what I would consider a factory second. The spray finish covered some deep splintering that was filled with epoxy. I decided against the pillars. So just bedded and trying to get a decent finish.

I did the same thing to a screamin 700 ADL in 7mag I picked up on these boards. Hardest part was finding the bottom metal for less than the cost of the gun!! But yeah fairly easy, I opted for a step drill bit to get the bulk of the wood out of the center part. Mine came out ok, not perfect but completely serviceable for a field gun. And I can bed everything in more and make it perfect, should I desire. But she'll drop 3 under a dime @ 300 yards with factory loads so it'll do. Main reason I went for opening the stock the gun came with was for some reason this gun left the factory in ADL config but with a stick of really beautiful wood. Rosewood cap and grip, plus some great figure in the wood, for one off the production floor as opposed to the custom shop anyway.

Attachments

• IMAG0986.jpg
    IMAG0986.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0987.jpg
    IMAG0987.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0988.jpg
    IMAG0988.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0989.jpg
    IMAG0989.jpg