• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

***Adventure Outdoors and Benchmade...Just WOW!!!

BackWoods

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
132   0
Reaction score
If you followed my other thread, I was having a small issue with my Benchmade Mini Infidel. So, I took it to Adventure Outdoors to have them send it off since Benchmade follows strict federal law about transporting Automatic Knives across state lines. Unless you are a: distributor, military, or leo( they even make you fill out a form). Anywho, I picked the worst day to visit last Friday as they were having a Ruger day. CEO of Ruger was there(very nice guy) but, had to wait a while at customer service. They were still friendly and kept checking on me as I waited. I was told that they give me a call when it came back. Well, this Wed. Around lunch, I get a VM by an employee at AO saying it's back and ready to be picked up! WTH! I was shocked it had only been 4days including shipping days! I get up here today and much to my amazement, Benchmade didn't fix it, they gave me a brand new freaking blade! I bought mine USED! A++++ props go out to Adventure Outdoors Customer Service for getting it done and quick and Another A++++ to Benchmade for satisfying a customer for life! They might make a more expensive product but, you def. pay for product and good CS!

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_25_ubuqezus.jpg

Last edited:
OMG...... You said something good about AO. There goes your Mod status. :p ( fell out of chair ) Great deal from a great knife maker.. Now can I have it? :D

They are a larger store so, of course there are going to be some yahoos. But, that's anywhere, IMO. I checked out a dozen pistols, dry fired em, racked the slide and walked away they didn't care. I've had a few bad days there but, for the most part it's been good to go! You just aren't going to catch me in there on a sat. Morning & prices on somethings(ammo,firearms) are ehh..

Last edited:
AO like any other large sporting goods store is going to have it's share of good and bad employees and experiences. I have to say that overall I have been rather pleased with my experiences with them, and I have no qualms about shopping there, although their ammo prices are not so great most of the time.

I need a new knife, might have to give it a look. Don't here a ton of good about ao but I've been wanting to get by to check it out anyhow.

I didn't buy it there I just had them ship it to Benchmade because it's an auto and they are a authorized distributor but, they have a well stocked selection of blades.

Back
Top Bottom