• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Adventure Outdoors Guns on sale

...and don't forget that these are cash prices. If you use a credit card they add a certain %. I think it is 3%.

My problem with AO is the amount of time it takes to purchase a gun. A few years back I bought a gun from them for my son at Christmas. They were the only place in the Atlanta area that had this gun. At the time, my GWL had expired so they had to do a background check. This cost an extra $5 plus the 3% for using a cc. I went during lunch and it took 1 1/2 hrs to get out the door.

I bought another gun with a GWL and it still took over an hour, they were not busy at this time.

When I go to CG&P, I'm in and out in 10-20 minutes, even when they are busy.

My problem with AO is the amount of time it takes to purchase a gun. A few years back I bought a gun from them for my son at Christmas. They were the only place in the Atlanta area that had this gun. At the time, my GWL had expired so they had to do a background check. This cost an extra $5 plus the 3% for using a cc. I went during lunch and it took 1 1/2 hrs to get out the door.

I bought another gun with a GWL and it still took over an hour, they were not busy at this time.

When I go to CG&P, I'm in and out in 10-20 minutes, even when they are busy.
Yep, it's true. Fortunately, when I bought my Taurus PT111 last month I had my GWL and cash.

They are one of the biggest retailers in GA, so they do have some good discounts when they want to, usually around 'brand' days. Their regular prices are almost always higher than CGP, but a lot lower than most other stores I've seen around the ATL area.

The best thing about them is the selection though. Much as I like Cherokee, they don't have all that much to try at the store.

As for the delays it's hit or miss. A rainy Saturday afternoon during tax-rebate season... yeah, you could be a while.

I also ran into a cashier that I swear was stoned out of his skull one time, and it took over an hour (with a permit) to get through the two people ahead of me and get done with my purchase. The line only moved when another cashier came over and helped expedite things.

That was the exception though. Over the last year or so, I've never had to wait longer than 20 minutes, and if there's no line, maybe 10.

That's my one main gripe with AO, their check out procedures are horrible. I know why they are so tedious with the paperwork, and I get it. But, there's no excuse for doing all of that standing and waiting at the register. If they want to do that song and dance, there should be a station between the gun counter and register to do the paperwork dance.

I agree, Cherokee G&P is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom