• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Adventure Outdoors Guns on sale

What's the point?

Last time I took an ad to that ****hole, they refused to honor it.

Last time I was (or ever will be) there. About three years ago.

I refuse to do business with unethical **** balls like that.

My problem with AO is the amount of time it takes to purchase a gun. A few years back I bought a gun from them for my son at Christmas. They were the only place in the Atlanta area that had this gun. At the time, my GWL had expired so they had to do a background check. This cost an extra $5 plus the 3% for using a cc. I went during lunch and it took 1 1/2 hrs to get out the door.

I bought another gun with a GWL and it still took over an hour, they were not busy at this time.

When I go to CG&P, I'm in and out in 10-20 minutes, even when they are busy.
I only spent 30mins max when I bought 2 M&Ps during the september sale and was a lot of people there because it was a saturday.

I only spent 30mins max when I bought 2 M&Ps during the september sale and was a lot of people there because it was a saturday.

About a year ago I was buying a shotgun during the afternoon on a week day. I filled out the paperwork at the gun counter then went to the register. I was the only one in line. From the time I filled out the paperwork until I walked out the door, it was over an hour. I know this because I was late getting back from lunch.

I knew exactly what I wanted and had my GWL and it still took that long.

I bought a gun from CG&P the other day. There were probably 10 other guys buying guns and I was in and out in about 20 minutes. This includes fondling a couple guns trying to decide which one I wanted.

About a year ago I was buying a shotgun during the afternoon on a week day. I filled out the paperwork at the gun counter then went to the register. I was the only one in line. From the time I filled out the paperwork until I walked out the door, it was over an hour. I know this because I was late getting back from lunch...

What was the hold up? The BG check or the person at the register?

I did have one young guy that I swear was either stoned or stupid pull this at a register once. They finally sent another cashier over to help him 'catch up'. I was hoping they'd fired him but I saw him there about a week ago. Maybe he learned that getting high before work wasn't a great idea and moving in slo-mo PO's the customers.

Other than that, I've never had it take more than a few minutes once I get to the register, and the wait even with BG check folks ahead of me is never the level you ran into.

Back
Top Bottom