Advice on Benelli Nova

troutman

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
53   0
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting my son a Benelli Nova for Christmas. I'm not a hunter or shotgun guy so I have no clue about them.

He got into turkey and duck hunting so I want to get him something that could be used for both.

Any advice?

I'm looking at getting my son a Benelli Nova for Christmas. I'm not a hunter or shotgun guy so I have no clue about them.

He got into turkey and duck hunting so I want to get him something that could be used for both.

Any advice?

Or, any recommendations for a sub $1k shotgun.

If you want too sick to a pump action a Nova with a 26 or 28 inch barrel is the way to go. If you're open to other actions I would look for a used Beretta 390. Very simple gas system and will handle a broad range of loads with minimal recoil. Just opinions

Specifically a 390 with mag cutoff or a Browning gold 3in gun with speed feed. Both can be found for reasonable prices and would take either over most new 1500.00 guns.

Any advice?
Are you looking at 12 gauge? I may have one I would be willing to part with. I been considering putting it up anyway.

As a duck hunter who has turkey hunted a few times. I would suggest an auto loader. I use a pump to turkey hunt just because I needed an excuse for another shot gun. I had a Baretta extrema and a Benelli super black eagle 2. I sold the Baretta it was a good gun just didn’t suit my taste.

If you are ok with used, I would start looking now and try to find a Baretta or a benelli. Browning makes fine shot guns as well.

Back
Top Bottom