• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Advice on gun trade, yes or no

parolebear

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
216   0
Reaction score
First, Let me say I have addiction to Smith and Colt revolvers. Yes I need help but I am not a quitter so I continue to trade and buy.
I have a 629 with 8 3/8" barrel. I hate long barrels, do not plan to hunt with it and only have it cause I got into it for a very fair trade. It is in very good condition, shot very little. The trade offer is for a Colt Lawman MkIII, 4" in the Coltguard (electricless nickel) finish in good to very good condition.
These guns are for my addiction and also hopefully my daughter can sell them for $25 (pun intended) each when I die. I will not carry, heck may not shoot whichever gun I keep. Which do you think is the better investment? Neither will be alone in the collection as I have several 29/629's and a couple of Troopers/Pythons to keep them company.

Honestly, the Colt is probably better from an investment viewpoint since they aren't making them anymore. However it's a not a particularly 'sexy' gun, so I wouldn't expect to retire off it. If Colt does go under though, it will see at least a modest bump.

Back
Top Bottom