• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

advice on my first can..

1clearshot 1clearshot - Yes my 308 is threaded. Not sure where Pine Log is but I would def. like to try your Harvester.

adrianrog adrianrog - Did you get the steel or titanium version? I need to do some more research on the Sig cans

I like what I am reading about the Sandman, my question is if I got the direct thread, can you change the thread to work on an AR or 308, or would I have to get one of the QD models? There is a like a $300 difference between direct thread and QD.

The Recce looks nice as well. Does anyone have personal experience with the Reece?

YOTESHOOTER YOTESHOOTER - I figure no matter what I get I will be happy but since this would be my first can, I am asking for personal experience of what others like and why.

I will continue doing my due diligence. My plan is to buy one next month.

I want the can to be used on my AR's or my 308. I would like it to be light and have no or minimal POI since I am starting to get into long range with my 308. And i would like to keep the price with stamp under 1k. Like everyone else I am looking for the most bang for the buck since I am not sure when I would be able to buy another. ( 3 kids eat up my gun money quicker than piranhas)

Thank you everyone for your responses so far.

If you're wanting to move it between an .223 and 308, you want the QD. As I said the Omega is versatile and will give you both the QD and thread option on both calibers, but I'd still choose between the Recce and the Sandman-S which are going to both be QD only.

I got the Titanium version. THe steel version was smaller. I liked that, but with titanium being lighter, they can make them larger for a given weight. Larger volume = quieter. The steel is more durable, though it only matters if you shoot a lot of rounds really really fast.

There are different thread standards. 1/2x28 is the standard for .22lr and AR-15's. 5/8x24 is the standard for other rifle rounds like your .308. If you go direct thread with 5/8x24, you can buy a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adapter to go on your AR. If you buy a QD model, you'd have to buy the correctly threaded muzzle device for each gun. I intend to use mine on 300 blackout and a 5.56, so I'll buy a 7.62 muzzle device to go on each gun, one 1/2x28 and one 5/8x24.

1clearshot 1clearshot - Yes my 308 is threaded. Not sure where Pine Log is but I would def. like to try your Harvester.

It's off of I-75 exit 293, 40 minute drive from Acworth Cabela's. My Harvester will give you some idea of what it is like to fire a suppressed centerfire rifle. Most any can you choose should be more quiet and/ or have better tone.

With your budget why not go for Sandman-S and put QD mounts on your AR's and 308?

Cherokee G&P offer lay-a-way on suppressors. I made payments while waiting for stamp to come back then paid it off and picked up my Harvester once the stamp came back.

The sandman is slightly over my budget. They are running around $950 + stamp + another QD.

Right now I am seriously thinking about the Recce 7 mod 3. Its around $720 + stamp + another QD.

I literally just got my trust in an email today from Dean. I will get it notarized Monday at work.

I will head up to CG&P in the next couple weeks and talk to them.

1clearshot 1clearshot - sent you a PM

The sandman is slightly over my budget. They are running around $950 + stamp + another QD.

Right now I am seriously thinking about the Recce 7 mod 3. Its around $720 + stamp + another QD.

I literally just got my trust in an email today from Dean. I will get it notarized Monday at work.

I will head up to CG&P in the next couple weeks and talk to them.

1clearshot 1clearshot - sent you a PM

When you talk to a dealer, make sure they have the latest generation Recce 7. Otherwise I'm pretty sure GA will do a free upgrade, but I'd call to check.

I was looking at the sandman-l. Its $950.
After doing more research there is not really a big difference between the S and L except the length and the price. I thought there would be more.

I am going to see if anyone locally has the recce 7 mod 3 in stock. Quiet Riot shows the mod 2 on their website. I wonder if they can order the mod 3.

I was also going to go to CG&P and see what they have. I like the idea of putting it on layaway since I will have to wait anyways for the stamp.

Anybody have other suggestions or where I should look?

Called CG&P today. They dont stock Griffin Armament products, only AAC and SilencerCo. Gave me a price on the Recce 7 but stated that it was on backorder and not sure how long that would take.

Spoke with Chris at QRF and they have the Mod 3's in stock.

Now the real wait will begin.

Back
Top Bottom