• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on Boosters!

What a booster assembly does is mechanically unlock the suppressor from the barrel using inertia to allow the weapon to cycle. They used to be called Neilson devices. Now it's a piston and spring combination assembly. Anything without a fixed barrel, saying in general terms, will need a booster to function correctly.

AB and Ecco make 9mm suppressors from Titanuim that are advertised to not need a booster due to their lack of weight, sub 4 ounces, but I cannot attest to practice.

Each suppressor requires a piston/spring that is compatible with it'd design, most are not interchangeable. Rugged and silencerco will work with one another. Griffin makes the EZ-loc system which uses muzzle devices that thread onto host weapons that take a proprietary threaded piston for the suppressor that eliminate the need for multiple pistons for different platforms, but probably doesent make sense to use unless you are trying to suppress several different guns.

Hope this answers your questions.

So what happens if you have a booster on your 45 can and you want to shoot that suppressor on your hipoint carbine. Do you use the booster that came with the can or does it require something else?

Genuinely asking as my first pistol can is coming out of jail soon. AAC Ti-rant 45.

So what happens if you have a booster on your 45 can and you want to shoot that suppressor on your hipoint carbine. Do you use the booster that came with the can or does it require something else?

Genuinely asking as my first pistol can is coming out of jail soon. AAC Ti-rant 45.
No, you won't use the booster. You'll use a fixed barrel mount or either a spacer, neither of which come with the suppressor.

Back
Top Bottom