• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ADVICE on next three days

GB&U

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
8   0
Reaction score
Hunting in Cherokee County and wanted to hunt in mornings over the next three rainy days. Should I even get out? Do deer move in this rain? What is your experience? Thanks.

You cant kill them sitting at home.Yes deer do get out in the rain.But this late in the season its gonna be 50/50.best time to walk and stalk them in the rain if you have the right gear.

Well if you have a good way to keep dry, just go sit. Deer move in the rain. Or if not then I would wait for a hard section of rain and try to get out right before it passes.

You'd be amazed at what moves in the rain in the forest. Birds, coyote, deer, squirrels.

Just like humans, they have to eat, even when it's raining. If you can stand it and have the clothes for it, get on out there.

Take a plastic gun, however. The good wooden guns don't much like being out in the rain all day.

Myself and @Gadgetsrfun have every intention of getting out today. Missed the AM hunt because the darn alarm didn't go off and we stayed up too late last night surfing ODT.

GOOD LUCK!

Cheap way to keep dry. http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/allen-company-instant-roof-treestand-umbrella?repChildCatid=29388 But I'd try to use it in something thick because deer are always cautious around something new.

assets.academy.com_mgen_22_10096222.jpg

Back
Top Bottom