AFG on an Ar Pistol

Cgsanders

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
123   0
Reaction score
Can you legally put an afg on a ar pistol without having to register it as a aow?

i have my paperwork filed to make an sbr, but was thinking of adding a afg onto it until the paperwork came back in.

just want to make sure I'm legal busy doing this.

thanks for your help to this question, I appericate your response

simply put
atf-afg.jpg

I tell all of my customers to take random letters on the internet, not addressed to you, for what they are; random letters on the internet.

Sure it shows you what they were thinking at that time. But they change their mind. Look at the M1A shoestring machinegun example http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/01/25/shoestring-machine-gun/

IF you want something that will cover your butt, write them a letter yourself. They'll probably approve your stamp well before they reply to the letter.

I know this isn't really help or an answer, and yes most people are under the impression that an AFG is G2G on a pistol, but I get nervous when people base legal decisions on letters someone you dont know posts on the internet.

I tell all of my customers to take random letters on the internet, not addressed to you, for what they are; random letters on the internet.

Sure it shows you what they were thinking at that time. But they change their mind. Look at the M1A shoestring machinegun example http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/01/25/shoestring-machine-gun/

IF you want something that will cover your butt, write them a letter yourself. They'll probably approve your stamp well before they reply to the letter.

I know this isn't really help or an answer, and yes most people are under the impression that an AFG is G2G on a pistol, but I get nervous when people base legal decisions on letters someone you dont know posts on the internet.

This is very true. the only 100% way to protect yourself is to get it for YOURSELF straight from the man. I wouldnt do it, only because I dont see the point, but then again I do a lot of things other people dont see the point of.

I appericate it fellows. I wanted to see what ya'lls thoughts were on it as well. I've heard both sides of it.

To me it's just not worth the risk.

Thanks again gentlemen!

Back
Top Bottom