• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

After market night sights

outlaw1961

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
86   0
Reaction score
i am 56 retired Leo. I am looking at replacing the sights on my every day carry weapons. I am trying to decide between the xs big dot or the tru glo tfx models. Does anyone have these and what do you think of them?

I just put the TruGlo TFX Pro's on my Glock 19 and bought my son a set for XMAS for his Walther PPQ. I'm quite happy with them. Very bright. I also like that the front sight has an orange ring around the green center dot on the front sight. Very easy to pickup in daylight. The TFZ Pro's are an improvement over their first gen in the way they are made. Better protection against being damaged by cleaning chemicals/solvents.

The XS big dots are ok. I find them awfully crude for any accurate shooting.

The TFO's on the other hand are a distinct contrast. Fairly precise for precision shooting and for old eyes they are hot stuff. The fiber optic blazes in day light and at night I can see my keys, knife alarm etc. by the glow of the tritium powered fibers on the night stand. .

Get them you WILL NOT be disappointed.

Thanks, I think I will get those, I just want the front sight to be a different color so it will draw my eye to it quicker. I did see one company that used a plain black sight in back and a colored square front post. You aligned the square front with the square back notch. I am just tired of the white three dot sights that is on everything

I have TFX sights on both my EDC guns.
I was thinking of getting the new pros but settled on the regular TFX.
I prefer the white ring vs the orange ring on the pros.

20161223_142244.jpg

Here are the regular TFX on my 19.
**don't mind the dirty car mats**

Back
Top Bottom