• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Aftermarket Glock Sights Q

WinstonSmith

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Garthok Narfler
85   0
Reaction score
So, I have a glock 24. One of the old long slides. I love it and was thinking about replacing the stock sights with something better. More of a rifle shooter than a pistol guy and havent tried out many different types of pistol sights. Looking online I saw some that were a wide peep sight in the rear with a front sight post both tritium. I was interested as I much prefer peep sights for irons on rifles.

I guess I'm just asking what people prefer and why. Thinking about doing some bowling pin shoots with a friend so trying to up my pistol game :). Any thoughts and experience appreciated. I'll have to check back in with thread later today as I'm writing this up before running a couple errands.

My question would be; how many rounds have you put through your glock? If you don't have at least 500 down range than I would do some more shooting before thinking about a particular type of sight. Everybody is going to have an opinion, based on their experiences and what they have decided that they like, but that may not really align with your own.

On the other hand, I'm kind of partial to the TFO's. They are a simple open sight and there is not much of a probability that someone would over-think how they are going to line them up on the target. You said it in your statement, you are more of a rifle guy. Shooting a pistol is a whole different ball game, except of course, your punching a primer with a pin to make an explosion and shoot a projectile out of a barrel. A rifle inherently helps when lining up a shot, a pistol not so much.

See, like I said, everybody has an opinion. Just like me.

Have fun! I have always liked the 24. Started to buy one from Wild West Trader's many years ago, but I was just too romanced by the "10".

My question would be; how many rounds have you put through your glock? If you don't have at least 500 down range than I would do some more shooting before thinking about a particular type of sight. Everybody is going to have an opinion, based on their experiences and what they have decided that they like, but that may not really align with your own.

On the other hand, I'm kind of partial to the TFO's. They are a simple open sight and there is not much of a probability that someone would over-think how they are going to line them up on the target. You said it in your statement, you are more of a rifle guy. Shooting a pistol is a whole different ball game, except of course, your punching a primer with a pin to make an explosion and shoot a projectile out of a barrel. A rifle inherently helps when lining up a shot, a pistol not so much.

See, like I said, everybody has an opinion. Just like me.

Have fun! I have always liked the 24. Started to buy one from Wild West Trader's many years ago, but I was just too romanced by the "10".

I'm not a novice with pistols. Just havent messed with changing them up. I've always considered them to just be a long hallway shot weapon for a man sized target or a I need to get to my long gun weapon. I put a few mags a month through my various pistols and I can hit targets well enough to think I'll be ok at a bowling pin shoot. Just playing around with setting it up for fun informal target competition is new ground for me. Didnt really want to spend the coin on an pistol red dot/reflex sight and cutting the slide so was just looking at sight options. Figured it couldnt hurt to ask and that I might gain some perspective from a discussion. Thanks for your input. I'll check out TFO's. Open sights have always been my least favorite but maybe that will be different on a pistol.

Back
Top Bottom