• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Afternoon View

Pretty sure this one was made in 78. Was my Dads and he gave it to me @ age 12 when I showed an interest in hunting. FYI, 7mm mag is not a good choice for a skinny 12 yr old, but it was mine and I smiled through the pain and shot the crap out of it. Now that I’m 43 and a little (not much) smarter, I put a brake and limb saver butt pad on it and it is truly a joy to shoot now!
Mine is an 30-06 kicks like a mule..I put a slip over Scientific labs butt cushion on it..The one offered at the time did not fit..The stock has a slight concave design that it would not fit properly..

Mine is an 30-06 kicks like a mule..I put a slip over Scientific labs butt cushion on it..The one offered at the time did not fit..The stock has a slight concave design that it would not fit properly..

I will double check later tonight but thought I remembered limbsaver having a solution for that now. I remembered reading something about it last year when I bought the one I’ve got.

Great!! I would like to change it before I leave it to my Son, thanks.

Just did some digging on the limbsaver site and from what I can tell all the Remington pads are for flat stocks. Depending on how aggressive of a curve it is, you may be able to get one of their grind to fit pads and shape it to fit your gun.

Just did some digging on the limbsaver site and from what I can tell all the Remington pads are for flat stocks. Depending on how aggressive of a curve it is, you may be able to get one of their grind to fit pads and shape it to fit your gun.
There in lies the problem that I had..I will not grind on the stock and I don't have the tools needed to modify the pad to fit like it should..But thanks for taking the time to check and get back with me!!

There in lies the problem that I had..I will not grind on the stock and I don't have the tools needed to modify the pad to fit like it should..But thanks for taking the time to check and get back with me!!

Don’t blame you for not wanting to grind the stock, I wouldn’t either! Wish we were closer, I’d be glad to offer my time/tools to fit the pad for you. Sure thing, my pleasure...wish the outcome of my search was better. Have a good evening!

Don’t blame you for not wanting to grind the stock, I wouldn’t either! Wish we were closer, I’d be glad to offer my time/tools to fit the pad for you. Sure thing, my pleasure...wish the outcome of my search was better. Have a good evening!
You most kind and thanks for the offer!! Enjoyed your post..

Back
Top Bottom