• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK-47 sales ?

mojoe1266

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
39   0
Reaction score
Any good black friday sales out there on AK-47.
Im not sure what brand to get also, theres more options than the AR15's.
Looking at Riley or maybe vska any insight would be helpful.

So in my limited experience, I was always told stay away from 99% of American made AKs. Wasr is “ok” but if you have the money to spend find an import, which unfortunately 99% of the time won’t be on sale. Now if you are ok with having not the best durability then wasr or vska is ok, but they won’t last near as long as a lot of imports. This is just my opinion, and the information I have gathered over the years. I’ll keep an eye out for any sales

Good Lord please stay away from the VSKA or Riley Defense. These are garbage sticks that will go boom, but it’s Russian roulette if they’ll go boom the right way.

cdrdr cdrdr just to clarify, the WASR is an import and is a great AK.

If you’re going to go the American made route, PSA is pumping out some good quality stuff. Their blem GF3 that has a forged trunnion is usually on sale. I picked one up with the OD green furniture for $600 last time it was on sale (and promptly dolled it up). I beat on this thing like it owes me money and after 1000’s of rounds, I have no headspace issues and 100% reliability.

IMG_1560.jpeg

I've been watching GB and saw a SAR-1 in mint condition go for like $705. Meanwhile I've watched WASRs go over $900. Doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, there's been some decent deals on GB if you're patient enough to wait until an auction ends.

Like has been mentioned, I'd try and get an import. Or be real picky about American builds. I have an Atlantic built rifle now and actually I think they have their DIY Romys on sale, they just need the FCG and furniture.

If you don't mind the combo gas block, I think the RH10's are a good deal and readily available.

This is probably gonna be the best deal on a solid import AK that you'll find. Cheapest I've seen a new Wasr in a while, hop on it!

For me, without question VEPR. If you can find one (sometimes people sell) it is pricey but definitely worth it. Veprs are built on rpk receiver/barrel and will be about 1/2 pound heavier than other stamped, but still lighter than milled. And due to having thicker receiver it has no flex. Very solid and great gun.

Saiga also good and that is as close one can get to Soviet military AK, but still VEPR better. (More heavy duty).

I advice to stay away from American made AKs, but PSA can be decent. Friend bought one year ago, and couldn't sight it in ---- BARREL WAS CROOKED...... but to give Palmetto credit, they did fix it and now it runs fine.

This is probably gonna be the best deal on a solid import AK that you'll find. Cheapest I've seen a new Wasr in a while, hop on it!

Yeah WASR for 600$ is amazing deal

Reactions: MRH

Dang, it's been a minute since I've been on ol' sweaty ben's website.

You gotta to be a mathematician to figure up the total prices on internet guns-- Credit card fees, tax, shipping, receiving, some want to add insurance and then blame it on you if you get a boo boo. It all varies too and is about as consistent as diarrhea.

decker.jpg
w5t7OXm.png

Back
Top Bottom