AK 47'S Best to Worst

i have owned 4 wasr's and a couple norinco maks... my wasrs worked just as well and never gave me any issue except the occassional cut during cleaning. lol

and I am not sure why I quoted myself when I meant to edit the post... monday... part 2

All you need to know...

Wasr is #1 and the rest are worse than wasrs.

but seriously... people pay more money for Ak's with a nicer "fit and finish" and "accuracy" and some of course are more rare.

I buy ak's for their purpose... put bullets on target and have fun. My precision work goes to a different rifle. If it goes bang everytime and I can hit a person sized silouette at 100 yards with irons... its good enough for me.

You wont see me pay $800+ for one.

I agree! My $400 "entry level" WASR as some folks call it suits me just fine, its reliable and accurate and thats what matters to me.

Metal quality and treatment. Mil spec barrels produced the most consistent shot when getting hot. Commercial barrels are great and accurate for slow fire one round a minute fire. Mil spec barrels are treated to maintain the accuracy during rapid and/or full auto weapon fire(too good ATF made it illegal to import mil spec barrels). Best barrels ar on Maadi built using Styer barrels the only manufacturer that was able to build a barrel for the desert heat environment. Maadis command a much higher price and are the most appreciated by shooters. When it comes to AK's you have the pretty Saiga, Arsenal, Hungarian and then you have the functional, Maadi, SAR, WUM,Romak and the like that were built using original mil spec barrel. WASR's are built using commercial softer metal. At the bottom of the scale you have the home garage built variety an US recievers such as Vulcan that just look like an AK.

I never knew this. Glad I took the time to read it, thanks.

Saigas and Vepars are in a different category of hunting, commercial rifles. Built using similar parts, but most have to be converted to accept hi caps due to the trunnion and magazine lock angle. Arsenal modifies the Legion rifle to resemble a Russian Military ak. Different animal. The only true mil spec Rusian ak's came in kits and beat up shape courtesy of the PLO confiscated by the Israeli.

The ATF barrel ban was extended to include and top the import of military grade sniper/designated marksman category rifles such as SVD and PSL's which do not fall under the category of "Assault Weapons". The barrel ban is the "new Obama's" backdoor effort to legislate bypassing congress. A crisis was needed to push for the gun control agenda and therefore we had the"fast and furious" gun sales to the Mexican drug cartels. In the case of the barrel ban they used the interpretation of the "Sporting Clause". A complete overall of the GCA of 1968 will be needed to reverse and restore our rights, before ALL firearms except single and double barrel shotguns are reclassified as not "particularly suitable for sporting purposes"

Last edited:
Yeah, everybody craps on Century's builds.....some valid some not. I had a Cent build bought for two hundo, that would kill a steel plate...I don't know 12 x 18 ? at 200 yds no problem.

Oh yeah...and I can't shoot!

Some are bad, some good. Shoot it and if you don't like it, trade it on the ODT! just be honest.

The Assenals are much prettier and slicker, but damn, fmrbw.....it's a freakin' AKM what do you want ?

pull the trigger.

vv

Back
Top Bottom