• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK-74 Lower Receiver 5.45x39 Caliber by Waffen Werks

Where is the best place to get an AK74 parts kit to build one of these receivers up?
Good luck with that, I haven't seen them in a long time.

The reason these are so cheap is that if you have the parts and ability to build an AK74 off of that receiver, you can probably get a receiver flat and bend your own for less.

Makes sense. I was thinking of trying it out, but if the parts are hard to source and the skill level sounds like it is beyond my monkey comprehension, I might as well and wait until I find one for sale for a reasonable price. Thanks for the info.

A lot of those Waffen Werks receivers are out of spec. Sometime before Waffen Werks went out of business they built a run of 74's that were very hit or miss. Some owners reported serious problems while others reported none. I wouldn't take the chance. I had one of those receivers given to me and have not built on it. I have built 4 74's using Morrissey and Nodak receivers with no issues though. About the only place to find a 74' kit is on the secondary market now, I can't think of any vendors that have any. The Bulgarian kits have also almost doubled in price in the last 6 months and AOA has been out of stock on the Aims74 kits for awhile now.

A lot of those Waffen Werks receivers are out of spec. Sometime before Waffen Werks went out of business they built a run of 74's that were very hit or miss. Some owners reported serious problems while others reported none. I wouldn't take the chance. I had one of those receivers given to me and have not built on it. I have built 4 74's using Morrissey and Nodak receivers with no issues though. About the only place to find a 74' kit is on the secondary market now, I can't think of any vendors that have any. The Bulgarian kits have also almost doubled in price in the last 6 months and AOA has been out of stock on the Aims74 kits for awhile now.
Given the seller is ClassicArms, the receivers are difinetely the ones with issues.

Back
Top Bottom