• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK Fans + Upgrades

Anyone able to help me out on how to finish converting my Saiga?

I believe I'm looking for a Front sight block and a gas block with bayonet lug. Very new to converted Saigas.Also looking for a upper handguard to match the lower or a complete set, nothing to fancy (See $$) though. Lol.

20201124_202259.jpg

Great! A thread for AK lovers!

I’m in the process of fiddling around with one. And what’s a rifle if I don’t train?

How do you carry mags to train with? Preferably a chest rig. I don’t need armor, I have that for my AR set up. I see the HSP’s, Chicom, etc.

I wanna carry 3, maybe 4 mags, 2 pistol mags maybe, and maybe a dangler or misc pouch for medical. I’m not sold on anything, just want a cheaper way to train on a new platform.

A chest rig vest or belt rig will work, it just comes down to your comfortability. A belt rig is the most modular and doesn't have to be expensive. It's also great because you can throw on armor if you feel the need.

Personally, I have 2 belts and each is setup for one of my rifles (AR/ AK) and one of my pistols. Saves having to swap out magazines and holsters every time I want to train with another weapon system. I prefer belts because it takes the weight off my upper body (especially when running armor) and frees up my plate carrier up for other items I need.

Back
Top Bottom