AK guys, need some help.

Or, find a proper draco
th (2).jpeg

Im new to AK’s, Have a Zpap M7O rifle and want a second AK in 7.62. unfortunately, I can’t find a good deal for a rifle at the moment.

I’m debating picking up a pistol to do my 1st SBR. I’m thinking either a new ZPap92 Alpha or PSA AK-P. I’m leaning hard towards the Zastava ZPap92 Alpha, mainly because it comes with the 1.5mm receiver, bulged trunnion, hinged dust cover with pic rail for mounting optic and its pre drilled in the rear with a picatinny rail section that the SB 1913 triangle brace attaches to. I believe this would be the easiest to SBR, since CNC Warrior makes a Pap specific folding adapter that bolts directly to the pre-drilled hole and then I could add any 2 screw triangle stock… I wouldn’t have to tap and drill any parts or hire a gunsmith, if my research is right. Only downside is it would be a lack of variety in the collection.

The only other pistol I can find is a PSA AK-P. I’ve read mixed reviews but it seems good for the most part.

Does anyone have experience with the M92 /ZPap92 either in pistol form or SBR form. I’ve watched YouTube reviews that were positive, but feel they usually get cherry picked guns and would like some real world feedback.

Last, would you guys recommend SBR’ing an AK pistol or just wait it out until I can find a decent AK rifle for a decent price?

Thanks
It's kind of the worst time ever to buy an AK. about 5-6 years ago my M92 PAP was $400 at Georgia Gun store. They had a ton of them too. I added a brace and remember at one point I tried to sell it on here for months for $400-$500 with a brace and no one wanted it. I just kept it.

I have 3 Yugos, Opap, Npap, and M92 pap, I don't think they have the chrome lined barrel. But other than on paper and what makes me feel good, I don't really need it. I've put multiple cases of ammo through the Opap and and M92. I don't think I've even wiped the bolts off, I probably need to clean them. But 100% reliable and great shooters. I don't think the Yugo's are worth that $1000 price.

You're going to take a brace off a pistol and install a stock if the ban happens?

I'm looking at the Galil Ace Gen 2 8" 7.62x39 right now.. just need to do some more research before hitting "buy".

I played with a 5.56 version Gen 2 today and am digging it, and have now located a 7.62 pistol. I like the fact that if/when the brace ban happens all I have to do is slide off the SBA3 and slide on a stock and its done. I cant find any vids or forums where people have figured out how to run co-witness buis with an optic.The buffer tube is so low it really needs an RMR or microdot sight on a low mount, and im not sure if standard buis will co-witness... guess I could just run a QD mount with flip up bius.

So far, my only real con for it is it doesnt look like an AK... it still looks badass.. Just not like an AK.

Edit: also, apparently it's picky with some mags (Bulgarian slabs/Bakelites, and some 20 rounders but, it works well with steel and pmags) according to a couple of videos I just watched... oh, and with the SBA3 it doesnt fold completely flat.. not sure if an actual stock like a Daniel Defense would allow it to.

Im new to AK’s, Have a Zpap M7O rifle and want a second AK in 7.62. unfortunately, I can’t find a good deal for a rifle at the moment.

I’m debating picking up a pistol to do my 1st SBR. I’m thinking either a new ZPap92 Alpha or PSA AK-P. I’m leaning hard towards the Zastava ZPap92 Alpha, mainly because it comes with the 1.5mm receiver, bulged trunnion, hinged dust cover with pic rail for mounting optic and its pre drilled in the rear with a picatinny rail section that the SB 1913 triangle brace attaches to. I believe this would be the easiest to SBR, since CNC Warrior makes a Pap specific folding adapter that bolts directly to the pre-drilled hole and then I could add any 2 screw triangle stock… I wouldn’t have to tap and drill any parts or hire a gunsmith, if my research is right. Only downside is it would be a lack of variety in the collection.

The only other pistol I can find is a PSA AK-P. I’ve read mixed reviews but it seems good for the most part.

Does anyone have experience with the M92 /ZPap92 either in pistol form or SBR form. I’ve watched YouTube reviews that were positive, but feel they usually get cherry picked guns and would like some real world feedback.

Last, would you guys recommend SBR’ing an AK pistol or just wait it out until I can find a decent AK rifle for a decent price?

Thanks
I've had great luck with my gf3 pistol from psa, dogleg rail on top holds zero really well and it's a lightweight, damn near bulletproof gun

I didnt know if you knew that was illegal without tax. That is all. :bump::bump:

This is the NFA section, right?

If a brace ban happens and it becomes a felony for me to possess a pistol with a brace... Then yes, I will pay the Tax stamp, SBR the pistol and put an actual stock on it and also replace the stupid 1 position buffer tube with a standard 6 position buffer tube.

I'm not sure if you are genuinely asking or preparing to jump on an "I will not comply", "free men don't ask permission" soapbox.. but if so, just stop I can't listen to any more people falsely claim what they will or will not do.

If that wasn't your intent, my bad brother.

Its all fun and games. I didnt want to be the one to bail out your guns and inherit them for myself!!

Thanks for looking out man. I appreciate it, brother.

I’m sure, I’ll have plenty of questions whenever I do my form 1.

:doh: Yeah, I feel like an ass. My bad man, I shouldn’t have assumed anything from your post. :doh:

If I had a dog in the fight, it would be with the Galil and Arsenal. I'm not @Jeddak but if the WBP is out of the Radom factory, the Polish option would be a contender.

I wish I could make a poll… currently my only 7.62x39 firearm is a Zpap M70 rifle.

My current options are:

ZPap92 pistol (another Yugo, but a pistol, pros: built like a tank, can SBR myself if needed, and comes in at $1200, cons: not really a con just lack of variety)

Galil Ace Gen 2 8” pistol (pros: Israeli, easiest to SBR if needed, controls are nice, Cons: not really an AK, may have some mag figment issues. comes in at $1700)

WASR (pros: Romanian, crude but solid proven work horse, cheapest at $900 which leaves more $$$ for mods, Cons: ugly plastic furniture, while it’s the cheapest it’s still really overpriced at $900)

WBP Fox (pros: Polish, great fit and finish, nice wood furniture, solid reviews, cons: overpriced at $1400, not as bad as WASR but, It still should be hundreds less)

Arsenal SAM7SF-84E (pros: Bulgarian, milled receiver, excellent fit , finish and controls, should go up in value or the Ak market will crash right after I buy,lol. cons: heavy, coming from AR’s I thought my ZPap was heavy and it doesn’t have any optics yet and the Arsenal is a full pound heavier than the Zpap, most expensive at $2k)

I don’t spend a lot on myself often and almost feel a little guilty spending $2k on a rifle before optics/mods, etc.. when I realistically only get out to shoot about 3-5 +\- , times a year due to lack of shooting ranges/access to private land… but I enjoy collecting.

Gonna sleep on this one tonight before clicking “buy” on anything.

Back
Top Bottom