• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Possible Help With Form 4 Approval? Try This

5   0
Reaction score
So, almost a year ago, I submitted my Form 4 application for a suppressor as a trust. I waited, and waited. I tried calling the ATF as B BHP Steel recommended. Nothing happened after sitting on hold for well over an hour.

I decided to ask my Congressman, in this case, Andrew Clyde, for some help. Within a couple of days of getting the applicable info and privacy release forms over, I got a phone call from my LGS that I'd purchased the can through- the approval was in.

I'd say it's worth a shot. I still have a second one I asked for help on, submitted in Feb of last year- no update yet on that, but we shall see! I will update here when/ if something happens. Just a thought. These folks are supposed to work for us, so getting them to intercede on our behalf would be a somewhat prudent use of our tax dollars. Obviously the NFA needs to go away in its entirety, but...

So, almost a year ago, I submitted my Form 4 application for a suppressor as a trust. I waited, and waited. I tried calling the ATF as B BHP Steel recommended. Nothing happened after sitting on hold for well over an hour.

I decided to ask my Congressman, in this case, Andrew Clyde, for some help. Within a couple of days of getting the applicable info and privacy release forms over, I got a phone call from my LGS that I'd purchased the can through- the approval was in.

I'd say it's worth a shot. I still have a second one I asked for help on, submitted in Feb of last year- no update yet on that, but we shall see! I will update here when/ if something happens. Just a thought. These folks are supposed to work for us, so getting them to intercede on our behalf would be a somewhat prudent use of our tax dollars. Obviously the NFA needs to go away in its entirety, but...
I did that on my first can. Over 14 months waiting I sent Buddy Carter's office a message. I'm not sure if it was my congressman's office or just lucky timing but 2 weeks later I got my stamp.

I did that on my first can. Over 14 months waiting I sent Buddy Carter's office a message. I'm not sure if it was my congressman's office or just lucky timing but 2 weeks later I got my stamp.
I wondered if I was erroneously attributing the approval to Clyde's office and staff. 🤣 either way, a stamp in hand is a good feeling. If nothing else, it helps draw lawmaker attention to the issue. Whether or not that helps in the long run, who knows? But Clyde ran on a hard-core 2A advocate stance, so hopefully it was some campaign ammo for him.

I did my first ever Form 4 in order to buy a new suppressor(Sparrow22) and I used the SilencerCo kiosk up at GA Gun store. I did the initial application on 12/28, came in a week later to "certfify", and then waited less than 7 weeks for the approval to come back and to pick up my new suppressor. I was expecting to hear from the ATF this summer, so getting it in under 2 months start to finish was pretty good, no?

I did my first ever Form 4 in order to buy a new suppressor(Sparrow22) and I used the SilencerCo kiosk up at GA Gun store. I did the initial application on 12/28, came in a week later to "certfify", and then waited less than 7 weeks for the approval to come back and to pick up my new suppressor. I was expecting to hear from the ATF this summer, so getting it in under 2 months start to finish was pretty good, no?
You did an individual. A lot of the 6+ months are form 4 trusts. Recent individual approvals have been fast, possibly to get people away from trusts

You can try emailing nicsliason@fbi.gov
Send it at 7am on a Saturday morning.
Only ask for a status update and put your control numbers on there.
Usually the big hold up is the background check the fbi does. I have had great success with this method. Nics check was pushed through before lunch time the same day. The following Monday i got approval emails. It may not work every time but it’s worth trying.

Back
Top Bottom