• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alabama, are they really that good or easy schedule...

1380818_680979575259116_134662469_n.jpg
1013287_10151845644252209_589998018_n.jpg

1. Alabama: The Crimson Tide actually have the toughest remaining schedule among the top four teams, with potentially three games against teams currently in the top 14—LSU, Auburn and possibly either Missouri or South Carolina in the SEC Championship Game. Of course, Alabama controls its own destiny. If it wins out, it'll be playing for an unprecedented third consecutive BCS championship.

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't determine the schedule. Yes it worked out highly in their favor but to think its a huge conspiracy is crazy. Now scheduling FCS opponents that often may make them suspect when the championship comes along but who in their right mind would want to schedule Bama as a non conference game? Hell Ohio St. bailed on their UGA series because an early loss kills you hopes at the championship. I love all the teams yelling we want bama at their games when they are crushing lesser opponents because their administration would never let it happen on season play.

Georgia Tech was supposed to play a two game series, last year and this year, then it got pushed to 2014, then postponed indefinitely. All because Saban wouldn't agree to it (and CPJ at Tech was nice enough to not push the issue). This was about 3 years ago. I still think 'Bama is scared of Tech because we play to the level of our opponents and are known for upsets. Chatt was a safer bet for Saban.

Weak Schedule.

Georgia Tech was supposed to play a two game series, last year and this year, then it got pushed to 2014, then postponed indefinitely. All because Saban wouldn't agree to it (and CPJ at Tech was nice enough to not push the issue). This was about 3 years ago. I still think 'Bama is scared of Tech because we play to the level of our opponents and are known for upsets. Chatt was a safer bet for Saban.

Weak Schedule.

I don't know what you are smoking, but if anyone is scared to play the other it would be GT. A little reality might be a good thing. Right now GT is 7-4 and unranked. Up your game and perhaps you can get on the schedule down the road. You do know that in the old days GT was in the SEC. The Alabama fight song even includes a reference to the Yellow Jackets.

1175422_706431949383988_309355129_n.jpg

I don't know what you are smoking, but if anyone is scared to play the other it would be GT. A little reality might be a good thing. Right now GT is 7-4 and unranked. Up your game and perhaps you can get on the schedule down the road. You do know that in the old days GT was in the SEC. The Alabama fight song even includes a reference to the Yellow Jackets.

Yes I know that GT was one of the early(if not founding) members of the SEC. Bama still doesn't want to play us. Here's a link since you can't believe it (from the AJC)
And yes, I realize my dates were off in the previous post. My bad.

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-tech-sports/2010/05/04/why-tech-and-alabama-postponed/

Not scared, we'd love to play them
Another link:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/26/georgia-tech-alabama-postpone-future-series/

Back
Top Bottom