Alabama woman missing after helping child she saw walking on a highway

News reporter is all, "And that's the happy ending. She came home safe. Everybody have a safe and happy weekend!"

Okay. I'm as glad as the next guy she wasn't injured but that ain't the damned end of the story. Why didn't the popo obtain a brief statement? Where was she while scores of thousands of dollars were expended searching for her? Where is the "child?" What the **** happened on that road? Seems she might have been able to clear all this up in three minutes but you've answers to none of those type questions. We're supposed to focus on how the crommrunity "came together" to save/locate her. She's a grown damned woman and drives a car. Can't the cops get a short statement?

News reporter is all, "And that's the happy ending. She came home safe. Everybody have a safe and happy weekend!"

Okay. I'm as glad as the next guy she wasn't injured but that ain't the damned end of the story. Why didn't the popo obtain a brief statement? Where was she while scores of thousands of dollars were expended searching for her? Where is the "child?" What the **** happened on that road? Seems she might have been able to clear all this up in three minutes but you've answers to none of those type questions. We're supposed to focus on how the crommrunity "came together" to save/locate her. She's a grown damned woman and drives a car. Can't the cops get a short statement?
They found her cellphone and other personal belongings next to her car when she disappeared.

Back when I worked in LE in the 80’s. One of the things we would hear about; was a man, or men would abduct a woman. After she had been repeatedly raped over a weekend, when they were done with her, they would drop her off near her home.

The child walking alongside the road is a new twist. But think about it. Who is more likely to pull over and stop for a child on the side of a busy road? This woman looked like a health care professional in her pictures.

They found her cellphone and other personal belongings next to her car when she disappeared.

Back when I worked in LE in the 80’s. One of the things we would hear about; was a man, or men would abduct a woman. After she had been repeatedly raped over a weekend, when they were done with her, they would drop her off near her home.

The child walking alongside the road is a new twist. But think about it. Who is more likely to pull over and stop for a child on the side of a busy road? This woman looked like a health care professional in her pictures.
I don't disagree with you but this thing smells fishy to me. I understand keeping info confidential for investigative purposes but somebody has to give some answers to some common sense questions here.

What happened? It does seem like she might have been abducted but that kind of thing has been staged before. Could be an elaborate ruse but to what end? No announcement of suspect(s) being sought, no indication that there is still a "child in danger" out there in the crommrunity, etc., I just find it odd that there were no statements released even as of late yesterday evening. Like I said, I'm suspicious.

Anyone see anything in the news today regarding this incident? I'm genuinely curious.

Having participated in missing child searches, one that had a horrific outcome (death of a little boy, 6 years of age, murdered by her mother), I usually take more than a passing interest when I hear a "missing child" or "child in danger" story.

Back
Top Bottom