• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alert!!!! Scam alert!!!!

Just ordered a case of 7.62x54r and they charged the correct amount to my check card. Seems legit to me second time I've bought ammo from them and no problems. Seems like an honest mistake to me, altho the guy on the phone should have been more helpful.

OK Cleared up now.

After getting the bank's side of things it looks as though we'll never know what REALLY happened.

According to the dealer, they made a keying mistake and reversed it immmediately.

According to my bank, the bogus charge was made AFTER the correct one and was NOT reversed immediately.

You pick who you wish to believe.

contrary to what most people think, banks have little visibility to what actually happens with your money. I work at a large retailer and there have been numerous occassions where the authorization system fails at some point in the process, without returning an approval and in every case, the bank swears that the money has been taken out, even though it hasn't. most transactions occur as pre-authorization and then later the amt comes out when a 2nd request is sent.

it's hard to tell what happens because there are other services involved besides the bank and the retailer, such as visa, and the bank that the retailer uses to process the credit card payments.

Sounds like it was made right pretty quickly.

and opposed to what others have said, the prepaid cards are not the way to go in my opinion. If mistakes are made it's ahrder to clear up, and you do not have the protections against fraud that you carry with credit cards. You shouldn't use your debit card online, but that's what the AMEX is for....if someone steals the info...they will fix it. and it's not linked to my bank account.

Back
Top Bottom