All Cobb Co. Schools Closed.

The dumbing down of our youth
Continues. I surely believe this is a liberals wet dream. Not only did they successfully indoctrinate a good chunk of the student body the last 20 yrs (and we are seeing results of that) but it now continues by getting the kiddies used to being confined to a computer AT HOME for a good portion of time.

So the short of it is They can continue to brainwash them from home :)

I actually wasn't been clever, just brief. The fear I was referencing to the 3 items of fear you referenced in your first long post in this thread. Their liability and exposure to litigation is larger for example. They are bigger so they simpley are exposed to more negative backlash, not just dealths from the beer flu. I was just to lazy to go and quote you.
Fair point, then. I read snark where there wasn't any...you'll forgive me if it was to be expected.

Re data. I hope you are not a STEM educator - using your one data point as evidence of the datasets overall margin of error and manipulation. That is not how data works, 100% fake or not or somewhere in between. I have a personal data point to contradict yours but you won't see me using it as evidence to disprove you.
My point was simply that I do not believe the numbers. That data point is one of many. I fully understand that it doesn't prove the point and I also fully understand that it will do nothing to dissuade you. I've just heard so many anecdotal stories of things that I simply don't trust the numbers. Look at southwest Florida. They were saying they had a 100% positive rate. People found that incredulous so I guess some folks looked into. Turned out it was more like 18%. Whether or not there's malfeasance behind any of it, I can't say (although I do think there is), but it further puts me in the camp of the skeptics.

Re Private School - that is what I'm hearing too. I'm fortunate we got her in right before all of this. The rest of my friends in public are immediately on the hunt for personal tutors and teachers willing to educate in some sort of neighborhood pod format. Others are looking to try their hand at homeschooling.
A good many people found themselves inadvertently home schooling their children...and my concern is that if we don't get the kids back in school, there's going to be a marked proficiency bubble that's going to ride up through our society over the next few years as these unfortunately under-educated children matriculate into society. And so we are clear, I'm not saying that parents won't make excellent teachers at home, some will...and, in fact, some may thrive. All I am saying is that not every parent has what it takes to make that happen.

Covid 19 is under control outside the metro counties.Polk Haralson and all the other North West counties will have school according to schedule.We are not liberals, We are 2nd Amendment Counties and Conservative to say the lest.Raise morons if you want.For me and my house will follow the Lord!God will protect his children.We will wear mask because we care about our neighbors. We will distance ourselves to stay healthy. Our kids will learn and carry on The American Way.God Bless those who don't.May His Mercy and grace fall upon You.Ours prayers will be with you as we carry on.

They just announced in the meeting, kids will not return to school on August 17 2020.
They are goin full virtual/homeschooling.

The live meeting is on channel 24.

More updates to follow.
& I'm putting in 70+ hrs a week to get these schools done... tf? Just finished Park St. & Dunlieth. Three more open. Hell I hope this **** changes. The majority of our work is schools. New/remodels. (We do have contracts all over the state, but Cobb Co. keeps us busy year round)

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that the various teachers unions across the country would see this as the best oppurtunity they will ever get to flex some political muscle? Basically **** things up in an attempt to sway an election. Actual honest question, I've been following American politics for pretty much exactly five years now. There are things I understand and other things I can't comphrehend. I did read that in California, LA, the teachers union was saying it would not resume school unless the LA police were defunded. I found that amazing in a sort of not giving a **** about the kids sort of way.

My kids are in private school in Bibb county and they are starting on time, with masks required. They created "levels" that they will go by and what is required for each if they up or lower the risk level.

With that said, private schools pretty much have to open (or at least appear they are) if not nobody was going to pay the tuition which keeps them in business. My guess is they will open, (have our money) then a week or 2 later fall back on the at home learning.

Might want a weekly payment plan lol. Or write on bottom of check...for in person tuition only.

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that the various teachers unions across the country would see this as the best oppurtunity they will ever get to flex some political muscle? Basically **** things up in an attempt to sway an election. Actual honest question, I've been following American politics for pretty much exactly five years now. There are things I understand and other things I can't comphrehend. I did read that in California, LA, the teachers union was saying it would not resume school unless the LA police were defunded. I found that amazing in a sort of not giving a **** about the kids sort of way.
You'd be amazed at how little some teachers do indeed not care about the kids. And your initial question? Fair dinkum, mate...this Seppo thinks you know more than you think.

Back
Top Bottom