• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

All right, you stick slingers.....

If stick slinger had you lost, just wait until we start talking about smoke poles. BTW, that would be muzzle loaders to the non hunters here. Planning on Sunday am after I get off work.

I'll be out there! I haven't been able to sleep for a week, I doubled up last year on opening day and was screwing around before that and let an 8 point slide right through my shooting lane at 20 yards. After that I put down the ODT and did more woods watching. By the time I saw him he had moved his vitals right behind the only small bush in my shooting lane and was walking into the thick stuff. I will be in the same stand Saturday morning then after that it will be off to the gold mine! It would be great to get a big doe in the morning and a nice buck in the afternoon. One can dream right:D

Yeah man, got deer chicken on my mind.
Deer steaks, burger, meatballs....oh baby.

Yep, my freezer is empty and I feel the need for filling it with Bambi and friends so I hope to be slinging fiber bolts through the Excalibur on my own very private 30 acre spread followed by smoke sticks for smoke stick season and thunder sticks for thunder stick season.

It borders a hunt club and used to be part of a hunting lease until we bought it so hopefully I don't run into hunters that did not get the memo.

Last edited:

Yep, my freezer is empty and I feel the need for filling it with Bambi and friends so I hope to be slinging fiber bolts through the Excalibur on my own very private 30 acre spread.

It borders a hunt club and used to be part of a hunting lease until we bought it so hopefully I don't run into hunters that did not get the memo.
You forgot sausage! :) Last year I made brats and Italian sausage and that stuff was awesome! Getting a sausage stuffer is one my best investments yet in preparing the meat. Well that is right after the vacuum sealer.

Yep, my freezer is empty and I feel the need for filling it with Bambi and friends so I hope to be slinging fiber bolts through the Excalibur on my own very private 30 acre spread followed by smoke sticks for smoke stick season and thunder sticks for thunder stick season.

This will be my first season hunting my own land. I have always hunted my Grandmother's farm in Walton Co. but it is different to me. A friend and I bought/split 60 acres in S Ga., and another friend is going to buy 40 more acres right next to us, the adjoining tract. Our property is very private, also. Nothing but deer woods all around us too. Beats a club membership all year, every year. We have deer everywhere, and I've got my sights set on this whopper 150+ we've been catching on trail cam. Hopefully the local hayseeds do not over pressure their hunting ground and turn all the herds nocturnal.

This is my favorite time of year. The anticipation is almost too much!

This will be my first season hunting my own land. I have always hunted my Grandmother's farm in Walton Co. but it is different to me. A friend and I bought/split 60 acres in S Ga., and another friend is going to buy 40 more acres right next to us, the adjoining tract. Our property is very private, also. Nothing but deer woods all around us too. Beats a club membership all year, every year. We have deer everywhere, and I've got my sights set on this whopper 150+ we've been catching on trail cam. Hopefully the local hayseeds do not over pressure their hunting ground and turn all the herds nocturnal.

This is my favorite time of year. The anticipation is almost too much!
Heck yea brother good luck with him! Hit him earlier before the pressure and you will be good to go!

Back
Top Bottom