• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

All Run and Guns Schedules in One Place? Help me do that.

Burdy

Default rank 5000+ posts
ODT Co-Founder
Forum Owner
260   0
Reaction score
Alright, so I am going to attempt to fix an issue in the Run and Gun community. But I need your help, and it involves nothing more than at least 1.) Sharing this post anywhere and everywhere you see fit and number 2.) If you want to, you can post events yourself as easily as you post in this forum. Bascially your involvment should only take 1-2 minutes max.

Run and Guns and the outlaw nature of these events means there is no sanctioning body and no central location to find where and when these things are going on. It's all over the place. Some established events have websites, some have none. Some are only on Facebook, where a lot of people are not, like myself. Some are only on Practiscore, which is a whole other mess. Taking the time to search them out and post them up is a painstaking process that evolves constantly updating (trust me, I tried this on my website and gave up).

We need one location where all events can be seen and posted. Then a simple link can be shared on anyone's site, if they wish, that links back to the schedule. The real key is we need ANYONE to be able to post an event, not just the Match Directors themselves at any time. Essentially, for this to work, we need to crowdsource it.

IMO, there is only one place to do this and that is Discord. Discord has a very easy to use web interface as well as mobile and is a very stable and fast platform. It also allows chat and such but isn't social media and IMO, that's a good thing.

I created a Discord server under my blogging website's name (TwoBlueScrews.com) and created a channel #schedule-rng
There are very specific rules on how to post an event in the channel, but they are super simple and it will take anyone LESS THAN 1 MINUTE to do so.

Once you have the app on your phone and have joined the server, you simply locate the #schedule-rng channel and find a weblink to the event you want to post (check to make sure it hasn't been posted already).
The format: (City Full, STATE INITIAL)-(First 3 Letters of Month-DAY-DAY-FULL YEAR)-(Event Name):(SPACE)"Weblink"

Yes, you can post without getting it exact, but being exact makes things easier on the eyes and easier to browse. Please follow the format, if you screw it up, you can edit it. No big deal.

This is an example of what that looks like:
Old Fort, NC-Nov-10-11-2023-The Gun Run Night Ops: https://thegunrun.us/products/the-gun-run-night-ops-november-10-11th-2023

This puts everything in order of importance: Location, Date, Event, Link.

On Discord it appears as such:
discord.png

As you can see, I plugged in all of The Gun Run matches this year just to show how the format looks. I am hoping MATCH DIRECTORS will post on this Discord channel whenever they schedule an event...but the beauty is if they don't...you can!

Things like this either work or they don't. There is no middle ground. If it takes hold and becomes a place everyone can find events, it will remain. If no one cares to do 1 minute of work, then it will fail. Again, if you notice an event is missing...post it up. Don't wait for someone else. This only works if everyone is willing to pitch in.

If you have never created a Discord account, you will need to do so:

If you are already on Discord the server link is here, I have set it to NEVER expire:

You can also download the app from Apple or Google stores and register/join there instead.

Once you have joined the server, simply click on the #schedule-rng channel and make your post. No other posts in that channel. If you want to just chat about RnG's, I created a channel for that as well as some other topics just in case.

Please share this post to any and all match directors you know, on FB or any other forums where you see fit. The more the merrier. If we can crowdsource this list, we will never have to search the worldwide web again just to find a RnG event.

bulletpaluza bulletpaluza
P ponyboy96
ShooterG ShooterG
ngcsugrad09 ngcsugrad09

Joined and added the soonest one I'm aware of.

There's a December event at 17 South called Jingle Balls but I'm not sure if they have a practiscore.com page up for it yet

Joined and added the soonest one I'm aware of.

There's a December event at 17 South called Jingle Balls but I'm not sure if they have a practiscore.com page up for it yet
Thank you sir. Just sent you a note on Discord!

8 members of the server now...its a start.

Looks like we have filled in most of what I have seen out there. If you guys see any more, feel free to add. Up to 17 members now of the group so I also added the Proving Ground and Tactical Games Events.

Back
Top Bottom