• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I an asshole for not wanting to take PayPal payments?

Yea im gonna call bull**** on that. Sending money friends and family regardless of why is just sending money. Bypassing the goods and services option just means you as a buyer are not receiving buyer protection and if the seller wants to be a dick and take the money and run then you have no legal protection. USPS is a government owned parcel service. You think the government wants you using their money order to buy ANYTHING firearm related?

You are right, and I was wrong about Paypal.

(They still suck though.)

Then why did eBay stop using PayPal for sellers last week?
You can still pay with PayPal but if you sell, funds go from eBay straight to your bank now.
It's "big tech" and they know how to bilk money from us peons in many different ways, both coming and going.

They went with the eBay bank so that they can move money more easily out of the Country. That way they can hold "your" money until such time as the exchange rates are favorable to actually move the money to the different currencies.

Money conversions are a completely separate profit center within these "banking" entities. Most multi-national companies make more money from currency conversion then they do from selling goods and services.

Nope. Only way I'll take PayPal is if somebody sends it "Friends and Family" so i don't get hit with all the fees and plus they can't try to file a claim for a refund either that way.

It's "big tech" and they know how to bilk money from us peons in many different ways, both coming and going.

They went with the eBay bank so that they can move money more easily out of the Country. That way they can hold "your" money until such time as the exchange rates are favorable to actually move the money to the different currencies.

Money conversions are a completely separate profit center within these "banking" entities. Most multi-national companies make more money from currency conversion then they do from selling goods and services.

Also, the move by eBay to their own transaction processing is really spelled out in their link above... Cost and Control.

PayPal is a middleman that takes a chunk out of every sale. This way they get to either keep that. It also means that they now have complete control over the whole eBay 'experience', without having to depend on 3rd parties.

Exactly why I won't sell on ebay anymore. When they stopped using PayPal and started asking for a social security number I said screw that. I'll still buy but I will not sell on there.

I've never had a problem over years of services, however it your merchandise and you can play the pay option how you want. Asshole no! A smidge paranoid maybe. It all depends on how much money you' re dealing with as well. I have sold guns on here for 6 to 700 and over and never had a problem with PayPal. If I had a problem with them once I wouldn't have sold guns using them that's for sho!

Back
Top Bottom