• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I pulling this off?

It is entirely possible that I am missing something, but why is there such a concern over negligent discharges? I had one when I was seventeen and new to handguns with a .22 Single Six. Went in and our of two sheets of drywall. I have developed literally perfect trigger discipline in response to my mistake. I don't see myself ever having another ND in my lifetime. Especially not anywhere near my junk. I mean, my holster covers the trigger guard entirely, and the muzzle clears my skinny leg by about an inch unless I am sitting, in which case I will readily admit that it is unfortunately pointed right at my thigh. Anyways, do you guys frequently draw or re-holster with your booger hook on the bang switch? I myself do not, and consequently do not worry about such things... Just me.

My best advice is to take it out into the wild. Get in and out of your vehicle. Reach above your head. Sitting for an hour at a resturant. I agree with the poster reccomending a 3:30 position, especially considering the barrel length.
Oh, your G19 is clean and happy -- comfortably resting on my desk as I type this. Thanks again, and enjoy your 35.

It is entirely possible that I am missing something, but why is there such a concern over negligent discharges? I had one when I was seventeen and new to handguns with a .22 Single Six. Went in and our of two sheets of drywall. I have developed literally perfect trigger discipline in response to my mistake. I don't see myself ever having another ND in my lifetime. Especially not anywhere near my junk. I mean, my holster covers the trigger guard entirely, and the muzzle clears my skinny leg by about an inch unless I am sitting, in which case I will readily admit that it is unfortunately pointed right at my thigh. Anyways, do you guys frequently draw or re-holster with your booger hook on the bang switch? I myself do not, and consequently do not worry about such things... Just me.
They happen, brother and just when you think they will never happen to you, that's when you're most at risk....and while trigger discipline is part of it, it's not always your finger. Could be your holster or the clip or your pants button or the pen sticking out of your pocket or your keys....I could go on. If you're comfortable carrying a loaded weapon that is always pointed at you, that's your business....but there is a reason that most of the world doesn't. I would strongly suggest you modify your system....and honestly I'm baffled why you got rid of a G19 (designed for CC) and opted for a larger than full size competition gun to carry. But that's neither here nor there.

But as to your original question...in that position, in that light no, I can not tell that you are carrying.

All about pushing the envelope huh?! Lol. If you Are good with it, go for it. Just looks to me like you will be readjusting it more than if it was in another more common position.

For anybody wondering, I sold the G19 in favor of the longslide for better long range performance. I don't seem to have an issue concealing it, and this gives me more options as far as affective range goes than I had with the compact. Yesterday, I was busting 1 gallon jugs with frequency from a kneeling position at 125 yards. Pretty cool to do with a handgun. I was inspired to train my long-range handgunning skills because of an article I read in one of the rags about Andy Brown taking out a madman with an AK47 from 70 yards with his 92F 9MM. Can't be too prepared, and I simply wasn't getting it done past 30-40 yards with the 19. Probably bad mechanics on my part, but I couldn't correct it. I'm doing much better at extended range with the G35.

- - - Updated - - -

My best advice is to take it out into the wild. Get in and out of your vehicle. Reach above your head. Sitting for an hour at a resturant. I agree with the poster reccomending a 3:30 position, especially considering the barrel length.
Oh, your G19 is clean and happy -- comfortably resting on my desk as I type this. Thanks again, and enjoy your 35.

Enjoy her brother. Thanks! I'm loving the G35 so far.

Damn son, how much weight have you lost?
When do you leave for P.I.?
I'm gonna take a bike ride down there this fall when it cools off to catch a graduation!

If someone is trying to kill me at 100 yards or more something else is prob wrong, zombies are walking, or I am using a rifle lol

I see your point though, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom