• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I pulling this off?

Yeah, I'm a 3:30 kinda carry guy. Is comfortable in the car/when sitting. Canted way forward.

Last edited:
It's not pointed towards my junk. I carry it at about 1:00 to the right of my package. I lose no sleep over it whatsoever. With an open-top holster, it is way too easy for someone to rip your weapon off of you if they see it and want it from the side or from behind. Nobody is getting close enough to my crotch to grab it off of me up there. Sitting for a long time can be a little uncomfortable, honestly. Refer to my signature though... That basically sums up my feelings.

It's not pointed towards my junk. I carry it at about 1:00 to the right of my package. I lose no sleep over it whatsoever. With an open-top holster, it is way too easy for someone to rip your weapon off of you if they see it and want it from the side or from behind. Nobody is getting close enough to my crotch to grab it off of me up there. Sitting for a long time can be a little uncomfortable, honestly. Refer to my signature though... That basically sums up my feelings.

gotcha. Im a bigger fella so having my gun in the front is a big no can do.

I can make out a faint outline of the grip, but only because I know what I'm looking for.

I used to carry like that a lot with Sigmas, full size 1911's, Glock 17, CZ70 and a few others. It concealed well, and some guns and holsters were fairly comfortable to carry that way, not so good on sitting down though. Lately I've switched to the 3:30 position which is usually more comfortable for me especially when sitting down, but doesn't conceal as well with just a T-shirt.

It's not pointed towards my junk. I carry it at about 1:00 to the right of my package.

So it's not pointed at your junk, but your femoral artery. That's much better. :lol:

Seriously though, I carry at 3:30 for one main reason, aside from fluidity of the draw stroke...god forbid there is a negligent discharge while holstering/unholstering, the chances of me taking a round are severely mitigated. YMMV.

Is that a longslide in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

I'd definitely recommend a different holster. Leather/Kydex type such as Crossbreed or Comp-Tac is my preference.

Back
Top Bottom