Am I The Only One Who Keeps His Canadians In Their Sleeping Bags???

What Say The ODT?

• Total voters
Yeah, not true

Definition of vodka

: an alcoholic spirit of Russian origin made by distillation of rye, wheat, or potatoes. - Oxford

: a colorless liquor of neutral spirits distilled from a mash (as of rye or wheat) - Mirriam-Webster

: an alcoholic drink originating in Russia, made from grain, potatoes, etc, usually consisting only of rectified spirit and water. - Dictionary.com

And just to add: Tito's tastes like dishwater. :cool:

Definition of vodka

: an alcoholic spirit of Russian origin made by distillation of rye, wheat, or potatoes. - Oxford

: a colorless liquor of neutral spirits distilled from a mash (as of rye or wheat) - Mirriam-Webster

: an alcoholic drink originating in Russia, made from grain, potatoes, etc, usually consisting only of rectified spirit and water. - Dictionary.com

The root of the word "vodka" is "water" as is the root of "whiskey", - root "water of life".

As anyone whose had drunk good homebrew knows, "whiskey" is clear (all distilled spirits are) and color comes from the barrels. There are nuanced flavors in the distilled spirit, but the real characteristic flavors comes from the later processing.

Definition of vodka

That's cool but I'm pretty sure the public and beverage trade consider it vodka. I'm not much of a drinker and have never tried the stuff...but if I do I'll probably take input from someone who doesn't drink their dishwater. :cool:

Definition of vodka

That is quite the thorough research you did there Googling definitions of vodka. Also, still not 100% true. Please allow me to use professional references for your reading pleasure:

1643650367953.png

I mean, I do this for a living. I know a bit of what I speak.

man, I love the ODT.

The root of the word "vodka" is "water" as is the root of "whiskey", - root "water of life".

As anyone whose had drunk good homebrew knows, "whiskey" is clear (all distilled spirits are) and color comes from the barrels. There are nuanced flavors in the distilled spirit, but the real characteristic flavors comes from the later processing.
Sometimes those colors come from artificial caramel coloring - what triggers celiac responses for some people. Scotch, Rums, Canadian whisky and blended whiskies are guilty of this. Sometimes tequila, too (think Cuervo Especial - it ain’t barrel aged).

We went on a train trip through Canada a few years back.
They mixed a drink called a Rocky Mountaineer which my wife loves.
Equal parts Crown Royal and Canadian maple syrup, with Canada Dry ginger ale mixer.
So dang sweet you’ll think you’re going into a diabetic coma.

Tito's? Seriously? Vodka is made from grains or potatoes. Not corn.

Crown is mass marketed lighter fluid.

As shown above, corn is non-traditional for vodka but works just fine. Tito's is good-for-the-price not because of the mash, but the filtering they do.

‘Into the ghetto?’

Why do you think : 1. The ’ghetto’ is the primary customer of that, and 2. That has anything to do with the amount of Crown Rye you get?

Unless you are dealing with a huge store, they are only going to carry a few SKUs for each product line. Typically the most popular. One guy (me) buying a bottle of CR Rye every few weeks doesn't offset all the folks buying the flavored CR stuff.

As for the 'ghetto'... just look at what flavors of CR a store carries and you can pretty much tell what part of town you are in. If there's a few lonely bottles of regular Crown, and a mess of the flavored ones you are on the wrong side of the tracks.

That is quite the thorough research you did there Googling definitions of vodka. Also, still not 100% true. Please allow me to use professional references for your reading pleasure:

View attachment 3936467

I mean, I do this for a living. I know a bit of what I speak.

man, I love the ODT.

Glad I could help you get your daily dose of snark in.

Back
Top Bottom