• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Am I the only one who likes just feeding the deer and getting them on the gam camera?

Awesome pics! I'd love to live somewhere where I could have that in my backyard. For now I get to enjoy the sights and sounds of Macon...:grey:

It's nice...but also a daily challenge. I don't always carry a camera...in fact I usually don't so these photos are a mere glimpse. It's not an every day thing to walk out the door and find a bear, bobcat, fox, mountain lion, skunk etc in the yard...but it happens. I find my self looking both ways before leaving the porch like you city guys do when stepping in to traffic. Where you don't want to get splattered by a smartcar, I don't want rabies or mauled. :) but for the most part, I love my daily struggles up here in the quiet hills.

Nice life style! I had to check the backyard in winter b4 letting the dogs out. That was IN Anchorage and the moose would just step over the fence to graze on the trees. They have little imagination and don't bother checking the difference between a wolf and a dog.

There are many ways to enjoy nature besides eating it. I know they need to be harvested, but I don't have the heart for shooting these little bambi sized Alabama deer anymore. Still the season gives me a good excuse to go camping, and if some feral pigs wander by........BACON!!!!

Thanks for posting the pics. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom