• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Amazing!

Have you seen the vids of them pulling a crocodile out of the figgin river?!! Extremely powerful and well adapted animals.
I think it's Jaguars doing that. Most folks don't realize how much bigger they are than Leopards. Adult males can run almost 350lbs. African Leopards only run about 130lbs. Which means their feats of strength are even more amazing.

So your on the ground and one rheee guys appears out of tall grass 50 yards in front of you and he is coming at you. What gun do you wish you had on you to try and save your life?
When a PH has to track a wounded one they switch to a 12ga and 00 buckshot. These cats hide well and in the thickest nastiest stuff around. They won't charge until you are right on top of them. PHs are using small tough dogs (think Jack Russell) to go into the thick and stir the cat up so they know where it's at. Those dogs are fearless, as are the PHs. One of their sayings is, "There are two kinds of Leopard hunters. Those that have been "scratched" and those that haven't been "scratched" yet."

Yes, when they say "scratched" they mean "mauled". This is why Leopards are one of the Big Five. The five most dangerous animals to hunt.

I think it's Jaguars doing that. Most folks don't realize how much bigger they are than Leopards. Adult males can run almost 350lbs. African Leopards only run about 130lbs. Which means their feats of strength are even more amazing.
Yes sir I believe you are correct. Pretty amazing either way to me.

When a PH has to track a wounded one they switch to a 12ga and 00 buckshot. These cats hide well and in the thickest nastiest stuff around. They won't charge until you are right on top of them. PHs are using small tough dogs (think Jack Russell) to go into the thick and stir the cat up so they know where it's at. Those dogs are fearless, as are the PHs. One of their sayings is, "There are two kinds of Leopard hunters. Those that have been "scratched" and those that haven't been "scratched" yet."

Yes, when they say "scratched" they mean "mauled". This is why Leopards are one of the Big Five. The five most dangerous animals to hunt.
I’m guessing a semi-auto 18” shotgun? Also what does PH stand for?

I’m guessing a semi-auto 18” shotgun? Also what does PH stand for?
The configuration varies, but capacity is secondary to speed and reliability, so doubles are not uncommon. The case is the same for "stopping rifles".

PH stands for "Professional Hunter". Africa speak for guide.

Back
Top Bottom