• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo Can Shortage?

Walmart has the cheap Chinese knockoffs for around $15.00 . So does Academy. I MAY have a dozen or so of the tall night vision storage cans left in the shop. Same as the 50 cal cans but a good bit taller. Although it looks like we're a good ways apart. Personally, I kinda like the plastic ones from Harbor Freight.
The Wal-Mart ones & Academy Metal ones work well for my needs .+ No Rust & other debris .

I started reloading 9mm and so I went to pick up a 50 cal ammo can to store them in. Found out no one has the surplus ones. Looked from Commerce to Acworth, even TruPrep was out. Finally found one at Straight Shooters in Cleveland. I mean, I didn't run all over the place in one day, nor was I just looking for a can. I like to make gun store trips all over the place regardless. But, much like everything else, is there a shortage on ammo cans?
I ordered a bunch from harbor freight, don’t know if they still have them or not, but they were in very good shape, and 10.00 each

Look for 20mm or 40 mm ammo cans. If you are wanting for bulk ammo they work great. They also work good for keeping standard boxes of ammo in. Keeping all 308 ammo in 20 mm box works. When full they are heavier but as long as you’re not weak they’re pretty easy to use as an ammo can

Bought 40mm surplus cans a while back...I was happy with them. Found a buy three - get three package deal.

I try to avoid chinese stuff whenever possible......

Back
Top Bottom