"Ammo sold with purchase..."

I really like the folks at this store. Their prices are decent, and their service is good. However, they are taking advantage of a non-event. Therefore, I will name the store: David's Gun Room on Buford Highway.

NO WAY!!! I cant believe david and mary would do that.:tsk:

Last edited:
Never been there and now never will. Places like this are a disgrace to the community that they serve. Trying to create hype to make it seem worse than it is. I hate negative attitude people.

I really like the folks at this store. Their prices are decent, and their service is good. However, they are taking advantage of a non-event. Therefore, I will name the store: David's Gun Room on Buford Highway.

Thanks for posting, I hope anyone who finds LGS creating a faux urgency will post as well. I went to 4 shops this past Saturday, and business was noticeably increased, but the proprietors and staff at every one were not promoting a dire sense of urgency, nor were any ammo or firearms prices inflated or marked up from a few weeks ago.

a+ to: Cherokee Gun, HiCaliber, Boots and Buckshot (Cartersville) and Bartow Knife and Gun.

In '08 I had my personal favorite LGS tell a room packed with customers that prices were raised because "Obama is putting a tax on all guns and ammo and that a total ban was a few months away"
I corrected him, we argued, I found a new gun store.
In '09 his place had a new owner who has since expanded.
Since joining the ODT it is pretty rare that I buy a gun at a store.

Never been there and now never will. Places like this are a disgrace to the community that they serve. Trying to create hype to make it seem worse than it is. I hate negative attitude people.

I think it depends... there is a lot of people out buying ammo, etc. right now and causing an artificial shortage. For David's, maybe there suppliers have dried up for now and they feel like they have to approach it that way? As long as they aren't inflating their prices to take advantage of people, I don't think it's a big deal... after all, there is always WalMart :)

Thanks for posting, I hope anyone who finds LGS creating a faux urgency will post as well. I went to 4 shops this past Saturday, and business was noticeably increased, but the proprietors and staff at every one were not promoting a dire sense of urgency, nor were any ammo or firearms prices inflated or marked up from a few weeks ago.

I went to several around my area and did not really see a huge difference. Even WalMart had stocked shelves that had obviously not been raided by ammo hungry fear mongers.

I went to several around my area and did not really see a huge difference. Even WalMart had stocked shelves that had obviously not been raided by ammo hungry fear mongers.

Common caliber were gone at the Cartersville Walmart... But this isn't that unusual.

I think it depends... there is a lot of people out buying ammo, etc. right now and causing an artificial shortage. For David's, maybe there suppliers have dried up for now and they feel like they have to approach it that way? As long as they aren't inflating their prices to take advantage of people, I don't think it's a big deal... after all, there is always WalMart :)

Thing is I have seen NO shortages anywhere. I bought plenty of 9mm and 45 last week from a couple of places just as always. I wasn't buying more than usual, just what I would normally buy to go shooting.

Back
Top Bottom