• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another craigslist deal gone south

I have never had an issue with CL before. I sell/buy stuff on there all the time. I even sold my Infinity SUV on there and she showed up with a purse full of cash. We just met at a bank to verify the funds. Then I sold my jetskis the same way with cash. People just have to use common sense sense and unfortunately a lot of people don't have any.

You can generally tell if the person you are in contact with is someone you should be doing business with by the content, tone, spelling and word choices in their messages and conversation. Not always of course, but often.

Article says it wasn't craigslist. And the dude who got killed was implicated in several, similar CL type robberies. Sounds like the sellers were prepared and justice was done. Saved the taxpayers the bother of a trial.
Wow. You actually read the article before commenting?

Weird.

You can generally tell if the person you are in contact with is someone you should be doing business with by the content, tone, spelling and word choices in their messages and conversation. Not always of course, but often.
X2. Was trying to sell my kids ATV guy as texting me then his next text was Hey B got quarters for $80

Sold a motorcycle on CL, the guy showed up and wanted a test ride, I asked to see his Motorcycle endorsement and of course he didn't have one. So I rode the bike up and down the street for him while he watch. But I wouldn't let anyone ride it anyway. Unless cash was in hand..He then wanted to give me a check, nope, we'll go to the bank, which he did meet me at, got cash, signed over all papers at the bank in the managers office. called the insurance company while we signed the title and pulled the plates. Had him sign a wavier of sold "as is". Watched a novice on a Ninja wobble down the street on a bike with no insurance/plates or riding skills. I guess he made it back to Atlanta as I didn't see a news article at 5pm on WSB. But I don't think I use CL again, Too many nut cases on it..

Back
Top Bottom