• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

another snake ID thread.

Well there are only certain ones that are native to GA. In most cases it wouldn't be difficult to prove that it wasn't caught here. Most of the time the mere color of it will prove that. You can also just keep your papers from the dealer you bought it from. They sell them at Repticon every show. Other than the Ball Python (and now seemingly the Kenyan Sand Boa) it is becoming a very popular snake for a pet because they stay relatively small...like within a foot, I think. And apparently they bite very infrequently.
yup thats all true

just pointing out that alot of folks dont realize you cant keep the ones you catch as pets

I think this is called the "banded water snake".. I have these at my lake lot in Alabama (lake weiss) they live in the rocky sea wall. They are agressive, but i never see them come up on the bank, just always in the rocks. They get to be VERY large... in the water and inside the rocks they are almost mistaken to be copperheads. I spray a bit of amonia around the rocks and it makes them leave the area.

Back
Top Bottom