Another Young Vet Dies

DreadPirate

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
3   0
Reaction score
Her story: Air Force veteran’s suicide sheds light on female soldiers and PTSD

img2.timeinc.net_people_i_2015_news_150309_jamie_brunette_600.jpg

It saddens me every time I see yet another one of our brothers or sisters die. Twenty-two a day commit suicide. For leading causes of death, suicide accounts for 1.8% of deaths among the general population, but leaps to 20.6% for male veterans. Raise that to 25.0% for female vets. I know many of us used to roll our eyes at having to sit through yet another suicide/ACE course when we were in, but let us remember some of the things we learned now that we are out.

I used to always tell my soldiers, "Putting on the uniform does not make us a warrior, we put on a uniform to let everyone else know we were born a warrior." As warriors, we should always be here for each other. Reach out to fellow vets. If you are suffering, reach out to your blood and military family for help. If you don't know where to start, PM me day or night.

I've left my number for many PTSD sites and have had only one call, he said it helped a lot to talk to someone who has been there rather than some armchair warrior who plays call to duty. I wish more would turn to other Vets who have an understanding of what they went through. I'm sure the Government thinks I'm a Paranoid Psychotic Homicidal Maniac but the jokes on them, I'm not Paranoid.. Never be ashamed for asking for help, I'm one Vet who will never laugh at you and will punch out anyone who ever does..

Back
Top Bottom