• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any bike techs around?

Have you made sure there is nothing touching it anywhere?

Or Maybe a new exhaust and making smells that come across as rubber to you?

Only thing I can think of.

Bike maybe running rich.

I've checked and the only thing I can see close to the exhaust is where in the inside of the tail fairing wraps around the exhaust, but none of it's touching. And even if it was, I would think it would be more of a burning plastic smell, as the very tail of the tail fairing is just black plastic.

I was mainly meaning closer to the motor, like a vacuum hose touching or even a wires shrink wrap coating. Other than that, I can't think of any reason for that kind of smell.

I was mainly meaning closer to the motor, like a vacuum hose touching or even a wires shrink wrap coating. Other than that, I can't think of any reason for that kind of smell.

I'll have to look further in the day light, but I checked as well as I could (given the rainy circumstances) and couldn't find a thing.

Oil looks clean, fairly new, and is perfectly between the lines on the oil window. So I don't think it's burning any oil (which I heard can cause a burning rubber smell).

I hit a plastic grocery bag one time on the freeway. what a mess it did on my headers.

could be something simple like that. I also notice that when my bike sits for a while in the garage (not my 2 main bikes) that they smell a bit as it burns off any dust and accumulation on the headers... ditto for condensation in the oil when the bike gets to operating temps, it'll smoke a bit of condensation out of the exhaust.

Finally got the smell to go away after a lengthy ride. I think some rubber got into the exhaust baffles. Don't know WTF that was all about. But dey clean and got to see some daylight. My first love (Widow) and my newest ho, Envy.

IMG_1171.JPG

Back
Top Bottom