• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any catfish guys here??

TBurnham

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
41   0
Reaction score
Anyone here chase flatheads?? I have not been able to do any fishing yet and I am missing it BAD!!! Cant wait for all the smoke to settle so I can get back to chasing the flatehads. Any of you guys catching anything yet???
We fish the Hooch near Whitesburg and have some 30+lbers under our belt. 39lbs being our biggest. Lets hear what ya'll are catching!!

Where ya been T? How ya doin'? Love to fish for them cats, but everytime I've been to the Hooch at Whitesburg I didn't have enough weight on the line to hold it down! LOL! I cast it, and it just goes on down river right past me! Hahaha! I used to like going to Snake Creek in Franklin till the fish started coming out with sores and weird looking deformities. Also they don't call it Snake Creek for nothin', those snakes ain't scared of anything down there!!!

I chase them when I go back home to Kansas. I have not found a place close to Valdosta where the river stays deep enough to fish them. Biggest I have under my belt is 15lbs but I am trying for the big boys. What do you guys use for bait? We usually fish gold fish on the bottom of the river or crawdads in the lakes or cut bait.

I chase them when I go back home to Kansas. I have not found a place close to Valdosta where the river stays deep enough to fish them. Biggest I have under my belt is 15lbs but I am trying for the big boys. What do you guys use for bait? We usually fish gold fish on the bottom of the river or crawdads in the lakes or cut bait.

Lakes & ponds, cut bait & chicken livers........rivers, I don't have a clue. I used to go to a pay pond when I wanted some for the frying pan cause all they fed em' was Purina catfish chow, we used pieces of hot dogs! 30 seconds in the water and you were pullin' out a nice fish, averaging about 3 pounds but I have caught a couple that went 9 1/2 lbs. Great tasting fish too.

Where ya been T? How ya doin'? Love to fish for them cats, but everytime I've been to the Hooch at Whitesburg I didn't have enough weight on the line to hold it down! LOL! I cast it, and it just goes on down river right past me! Hahaha! I used to like going to Snake Creek in Franklin till the fish started coming out with sores and weird looking deformities. Also they don't call it Snake Creek for nothin', those snakes ain't scared of anything down there!!!

Tazz, I have been busy fighting trying to get my job back. It has been a longgggg hard road and I have lost pretty much everything we owned but I finally won!!!! I am not back on the job yet but have been told that I have my job back. Now maybe I can start to get our lives back to normal. Hopefully I can get to some fishing now as well. I have lost sooo much and missed out on sooo much over the past 7 months that it is unreal. I have alot to be making up. Not sure how I will ever get back the guns I lost but hey......I have a job again.

When we fish in the Hooch we have the best luck with live bait and cut bait. Bream is the best to fish with. I have even caught ALOT of nice Stripers with cut bait. Biggest striper in the area where I fish is 17lbs. I know there is some bigger as I have had a couple break off that would have busted the 17lb mark.
Ill be glad to get back to doing some fishing, I miss the heck outta it.

Back
Top Bottom