• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Cigar guys around??

The Opus X was damn good. And then Limbaugh bragged on how good they were and I couldn't afford them anymore.
I met Mr. Fuente years ago at a Big Smoke in NC. I was shaking his hand and he asked how I liked his cigars. I told him that I loved them all except the OPUS X. Shocked, he asked me why, to which I responded that I was unable to afford them. He turned around and shouted something to some lady behind a table and he told me to go and see her. She gave me 10 OPUS X cigars. I still have eight of them. And he signed my tote bag. Cool story,bro, huh?

I met Mr. Fuente years ago at a Big Smoke in NC. I was shaking his hand and he asked how I liked his cigars. I told him that I loved them all except the OPUS X. Shocked, he asked me why, to which I responded that I was unable to afford them. He turned around and shouted something to some lady behind a table and he told me to go and see her. She gave me 10 OPUS X cigars. I still have eight of them. And he signed my tote bag. Cool story,bro, huh?
Real cool story. Sounds like a straight forward individual

I have a large humidor full, but I don't get to smoke much as smoking by yourself isn't as fun as smoking with friends.

Nobody likes swisher sweets on here!?!? :) I've had a few Cohibas, but to be honest, I've always thought it would be a cool hobby, but have always been intimidated by it.

No reason to be intimidated at all. It just takes a while to figure out what flavors you like. Most any *good* lounge/cigar bar knows how to direct new people on what to smoke and everybody in the hobby is really helpful. Even money wise you can keep a humidor at home with a cheap Tupperware or cooler (coolers are probably the best humidor out there just just don't look pretty) and sticks range from less than a dollar all the way to $100 with most of the good stuff in the $5-9 range

I used to be a cigar guy. Well...I would have one every once in a while. Until a pulmonologist did a scan of my lungs to check out pneumonia that I had and found a nodule in my lungs. He told me it should be fine as long as I don't smoke. Umm yea, as much as I like cigars, I think I like my lungs and my life better lol.
You're doing it wrong.

i happen to like Flor De Las Antillas by My Father Cigar happens to pair nice with a yuengling. or other dark lager.

also stuff black market cigars - pair with a guiness or similar type stout

there is one more but i cant remember what it was, it has been a while since i have enjoyed it. damn, gonna need to go back to the shop and find out what it was.

Back
Top Bottom