• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any deer today 11/25/14?

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Saw nothing but squirrels again.

Had a buck sniffing around my jeep while walking out in the dark.
He kept taunting me by running around me in all directions.

He would dash into the woods then sneak up behind me then dash across a path then do it again from another direction...... Bastard!

I was toying back at him with my red led light and it seemed to attract him....lol.

I hope to see him in the daylight... Son of a gun.

Shot an 8 pointer (banks county) and then had to have cops intervene with crazy rental neighbors.
I'll post details tomorrow. People are nuts! :tsk:

Sounds interesting... And just to add, pics of crazy rental neighbors dragging away said 8 pointer with the cops and you chasing after them, or it didn't happen. :becky:

My evening hunt: I watched two does right at dusk. I thought about taking the bigger of the two, but I never really had the perfect shot so I let them walk, or to be more precise, they let me walk since I got tired of waiting for them to leave.

Last edited:
came out of the woods yesterday down at the Redlands WMA and got met by 2 cops at the end of the dirt road on the Macedonia tract. apparently somebody got lost out there yesterday and they just found him right after dark lol. no clue how you can get lost out there, whichever way you walk you will hit a road or the river. unless you walk in a circle haha! they actually checked my license also and informed me that you only have to sign in at the check in station once for the year, I though it was everytime you went lol.

oh, and I didn't see **** except for squirrels lol.

came out of the woods yesterday down at the Redlands WMA and got met by 2 cops at the end of the dirt road on the Macedonia tract. apparently somebody got lost out there yesterday and they just found him right after dark lol. no clue how you can get lost out there, whichever way you walk you will hit a road or the river. unless you walk in a circle haha! they actually checked my license also and informed me that you only have to sign in at the check in station once for the year, I though it was everytime you went lol.

oh, and I didn't see **** except for squirrels lol.

Yea.. I saw a bunch of squirrels when we were down about 10 days ago..

Saw the same two deer again this evening at the same time and in the exact same position so they wouldn't give me the shot. I do think one is a button buck now because it tried to mount the big doe.

Back
Top Bottom