• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any experts on old 336 Marlins?

There are different pre safety straight stock models, first & second variation, some have a saddle rings, Marauder model with a 16 1/4 inch barrel, Deluxe Texan, 1973 octagon, and a one hundred year commemorative. If you give more info or pic's would be helpfull. Straight stocks do bring more money on average depending on condition of course.

There are different pre safety straight stock models, first & second variation, some have a saddle rings, Marauder model with a 16 1/4 inch barrel, Deluxe Texan, 1973 octagon, and a one hundred year commemorative. If you give more info or pic's would be helpfull. Straight stocks do bring more money on average depending on condition of course.
They both have saddle rings the one with the gold trigger is Buried in the safe. But they look exactly the same. The SN starts with an AA. Someone posted a website on here with the dates. If I remember correctly it's around 1965. Thanks again whoever that was.

Attachments

• 20230120_151010.jpg
    20230120_151010.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230120_150958.jpg
    20230120_150958.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 33
I have a old Marlin 336 30-30 JM stamped with a stright stock on it. It's pre-safety and I would say it's in good condition. My grandad gave it to me about 15 or 20 years ago. Just wondering what it might be worth. I know this I'm not giving much detail on it but that's because I don't know what to put here. I also have another one same specs and in better condition, but with a gold trigger. Any info will help. I know there are more than two of them out there but I haven't seen any. Are they rare or what?

Nothing rare about them. They are the most common Marlin lever gun ever made I would have to say. They have seen a surge in popularity lately and in VG condition have been going for somewhere in the $600-$1000 range. Not sure if that is sustainable or the price will drop again but right now they are like gold.
They both have saddle rings the one with the gold trigger is Buried in the safe. But they look exactly the same. The SN starts with an AA. Someone posted a website on here with the dates. If I remember correctly it's around 1965. Thanks again whoever that was.
That is beautiful!

Got busy and have not been on this site. AA is a 1965 manufacture date fro the 336. Its hard to tell with the pictures sent to assess the value. I hope you enjoy knowing you have a family heirloom, and are its new caretaker.

with all the crap going on all gun prices have gone high. it is hard to base what is a true price on anything these days. several years ago most 30-30 rifles no matter the brand/model/age were going between $300.00 to $450.00 dollars. today it is worth what the buyer is willing to pay.

Back
Top Bottom