• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any folks out there threading a shotgun barrel?

I say it a lot: Bob Simms Custom Guns in Palmetto, Ga.

I know he does them. He may wonder why you want to spend the money on it, but if you want it done, he will do it.

He has been the doing it a life long time, and he is reasonable, and fast.

Yea Shannon is great but the rest of the staff aren’t to customer service friendly. Shannon has worked on 2-3 of my guns. The rest of the staff treats you like trash. I mean I get it and the people they deal with on a regular , but customer service is customer service.

I ask for a holster and I said excuse me 3 times to a guy stocking ammo. Then he stops, says they’re right there, and points at the wall ( behind the counter ) as if I had authority to walk back there and find the one I need rather than walking over and assisting me..... only money they get from me is for gun work done by Shannon.

sorry had to vent about today.

Could be...I have pretty thick skin, don't go there for the "Ambience" & usually deal only with Shannon, as he's almost always working on something for me...YMMV, of course...

I just had this done on an old shotgun barrel to give me options other than the cylinder bore.

Cost me $100 and I can use any Remington pattern 12ga choke. My only 2 complaints about the job is the choke does not screw flush with the end of the barrel and the smith left chuck marks on the barrel from the lathe.

Lessons learned...make sure you have a good gun smith and explain EXACTLY what you expect.

I will not be going back to this guy to have it corrected.

Back
Top Bottom